Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
Nissan "The toolbox" Titan
48.86%
Ford "Tonka" F-150
11.36%
Chevrolet Silverado
21.59%
Toyota Tundra
11.36%
Dodge Ram (Just for being fair)
4.55%
Chevrolet Cheyenne Concept
2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Ugly truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 06:27 AM
yawgom
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ugly truck

Which of these trucks are the most ugly one?? [:'(]

Old 08-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Snafu
Default RE: Ugly truck

Hard to say... I'd put them all equally nasty.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Without a doubt, the "Ugliest" is Nissan Titan :

Ugly and bulky badging on back of truck. Too boxy in back and terribly ugly front grill. It is SO ugly, that that's what gets it noticed.

Around here in Southern California, we hate these wannabe Titans....and if we could start from the inside out, these are the poorest built trucks on the market, not just a statement by me, but a proven fact of truck breakdown videos when we look at quality ( I work at a dealer )....Titan is a mighty piece of crap.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:26 PM
yawgom
Rookie

Come on people are you forgettin the tundra face???

Take a closer look!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/5952/7B8EDFB3874F4BBDAB8BB26FF96870B4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-24-2004, 03:32 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

The Titan is beyond ugly. Even the "regular" Nissan p/u scares me....[:'(]

Old 08-24-2004, 03:35 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they are all pretty darn ugly, but the titan is definitely the ugliest in the REARVIEW MIRROR. That view is probably being obscured to some degree by the amount of dust my Ram is throwing on it.

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Hemizombie

I know I'll **** off the lot of ya, but I'm thinking about getting the Titan. AAfter owning Dodge for 6 years and having nothing but problems, I've read the trailer mags, talked to others that have bought them, and I must say that for towing the Titan is head and shoulders above my 1500, the F150 and the Silverado. And guys, come on, be honest, when Dodge changed it's styling back in the mid-90s who didn't think it was God-awful fugly? Yet it grew on us. We came to even love that big, in you face grill, and people respected it. But now? Now they've fattened the Dodge's hood and grill as if they put a pig on steroids and cut off it's nose. The Durango is the worst, but I wish they would have left the Ram alone.
No folks, I think I'm going with the Titan. As far as it's looks, it's got it's own in yo face look about it, and it hauls and tows like there's no tomorrow, I test drove one. And the fact that Americans are putting it together makes me feel pretty dang good about it, the rest is all BS.....shareholders are everywhere, Asia, America, Europe....I won't let blind loyalty paint me into a corner.
Anyway, just wanted to share my penny, you guys have taught me a lot here, I mostly just read to get tips on tech problems. Good luck to all my Dodge brothers and sisters, remember, we're all drivers of rigs that are made by the CIVILIZED nations, and that means more to me than whether it's a big 3 or a Toyota or Nissan. When was the last time you saw any contribution to mankind from the dust eating, goat herding, terrorists in dirty night shirts?
Sorry, I'll quit while I'm behind.
Keep on truckin!

Old 08-24-2004, 08:11 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Nice exit, dude!!

Old 08-24-2004, 08:42 PM
AkDanoM
Rookie

I will concur on the fact that every magazine and truck show out there has raved about the new titan. ... Consumer reports everywhere have come up with the Titan as the best overall rig... Even stating that it beats the Hemi off the line (with the stock 20")

But as far as looks Hemizombie is right... I hated thes dodges in the mid 90's now I am diehard Dodge. I hated the new look Ford but i have leaned towards liking them as well and its only been a few months they have been out.. So the titan will grow on people and yes it is built in the USA by americans.

But for the time being and the foreseeable future i will be driving my Atlantic Blue 1500 Dodge 5.9 mag

PS the new Chevy is the ugliest SOB on the road for my money

Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 PM
mikegonzo
Veteran

Remember... magazines, talk shows......are all sponsored.....and if you don't think Nissan is throwing money in to bias people into saying positive about their trucks....geez... Nissan totally sucks....worst constructed products and guaranteed death if in an accident.....it's what you don't see under the skin that will kill you.

Open up the hood on a Titan. Look at the V8. Notice the water pump in the middle of the engine with the serpentine belt just BARELY touching the top of the pump? This was the poorest design layout of the Titan and when your engine overheats down the road, you will know that this is why and the first item to fail.

Take the skin off a Titan, and notice how the frame is a copy of an Ford F150 design about 5 years ago. You wonder how Titan came into the truck market so quick? Copying.

Where Nissan is making money, is selling the poorly made trucks and not concerned about down the road quality. Everything from the brake rotors, to the point at which the shocks are attached to the frame are either way too small or cheaply built.

Smart buyers buy what is quality. Nissan Titan's are built by Americans looking for jobs, not Americans that are taking pride in what they build. PERIOD.

Because I am deeply involved with the automotive industry, and working both within dealers and outside, I have learned a lot about what happens in the world with manufacturing of trucks.

Go ahead, buy the Titan. I or the other TRUE American truck drivers will tow you when you break down for sure. That's a certainty.

Quick Reply: Ugly truck