Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia
View Poll Results: A poll
Nissan "The toolbox" Titan
48.86%
Ford "Tonka" F-150
11.36%
Chevrolet Silverado
21.59%
Toyota Tundra
11.36%
Dodge Ram (Just for being fair)
4.55%
Chevrolet Cheyenne Concept
2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Ugly truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 01:38 AM
TitanIam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ugly truck

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

Why, is the Hemi standard across the board?
The Hemi isn't standard. There's a little 3.7L, 4.7L , and the Hemi. A guy I know at work has a titan, so I know a little. Besides, it's not smart to not know your foes.

Someone smart would have detected sarcasm

Auf wiedersehen, Todd, ein gross Hemi, bitter.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:43 AM
SOMZ28

ORIGINAL: TitanIam

Why, is the Hemi standard accross the board?
The Hemi isn't standard. There's a little 3.7L, 4.7L , and the Hemi. A guy I know at work has a titan, so I know a little. Besides, it's not smart to not know your foes.

Too funny

Old 09-01-2004, 04:06 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Now first of all for you titan lovers out there when you are comparing towing and payload are you using just 1500 numbers, or are the 2500 and 3500's allowed to play? A 2500 with a hemi can tow over 11000 pounds. A tad more the the 9000 plus yours can pull eh? We will let you include your 3/4 and 1 ton versions as well, oh wait you don't have them. And for the different engine choices, differant strokes for different folks man. Some people want better fuel economy, some need to tow. Its all a matter of what you need. Not a one size fits all thought process.

Now there is nothing about your patroitism about your truck, but if you think your truck has a higher local content than a dodge you are sadly mistaken. Almost all of your parts are sent in from japan, I do believe the engines are made here, but that is about it.

As I stated in an eariler post, I have seen a titan tore down, the electronics are outstanding. The chassis on the other hand was subpar to say the least. Poor materials, and poor welding. Also to all you titan guys keep a close eye on your serp belts, when that starts to wear they stop making contact with the waterpump. That could smart when your pulling your 9000 pound trailer.

Joe

Old 09-01-2004, 09:10 AM
yawgom
Rookie

ORIGINAL: SOMZ28

Definately not to yours! Maybe my Titan is better competition, that is if you could stand lining up to such an ugly truck. And hey, I will give you a free tow ride home!
Ok, you say that the Titan have more towing capacity, but, if you put a percentage of how many time you spend towing in your truck what would you say?? 10% or 15%, unless you go loaded to the super market, to the work, to the movies and every other place. Besides, of that percentage, how many times you use the FULL towing capacity, 1 %??

For me my Hemi Ram can get the JOB done 99 % of the times that a Titan can, and the Ram its faster everyday 0-60 Mph in 6.8 sec, dont think that the Titan comes even close.

About the magazines, they always support the new truck, If Dodge in the 2007 (i.e.) get to the market the new Ram, every magazine will forget the Titan and the F-150 (the newer trucks for the mags) and will be publishing the Ram as the best truck.

The other thing, you say that all the line of the Titans have the 5.7 Endurance ([sm=smiley8.gif] 5.6 LOL), but, the cheapest Titan is more expensive than a Hemi Ram, since the Hemi option only cost about 900 bucks, maybe you spent that only in you Rockford Fosgate audio.

Finally, and most important.... Does the Ram owners go to Nissan Forums to talk about their trucks???, I doubt it, and here I feel that everytime I see more Titan owners in a DODGE forum, does that make sense?

Old 09-01-2004, 10:48 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You misspelled across so many times, I figured you were serious.

*晴らしい試みのtitaniam 、愚か者

Translation, "Nice try, fool."[sm=itsok.gif]

Old 09-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Snafu

I bought my '97 Ram for working. I've got toolboxes in it, and it's hooked up to a 20 foot trailer about 75% of the time I'm driving it. The other 25% of the time the bed is usually loaded. I got the Dodge cause it's got Dana 60 axles front and rear, the high output 360 motor, New Venture trans and t-case, I've got 33" tires on it @ STOCK height, and it is built for working. I like the looks also, but capability is what I'm after. Hell, the only options on it is heavy duty suspension, plow prep package, tow package, cloth seats, air, and cruise. Nothing else cause I don't freaking need it in a truck, just more crap to go wrong. I've got all my creature comforts in my Monte Carlo daily driver.

I've got my Dodge, I like it and it'll outwork anything from across the pond. I've got my Monte Carlo for daily driving, and I really like that. The Monte will be paid off next month, 6 months early. I'll have the Dodge paid off 1 year early. And the two payments combined are less than the payment on any Titan, new Ram, Ford, or whatever. I've got the best of both worlds, and I've always got a backup vehicle in case there's a problem with one.

For the Titan owners, I don't care what you own. But don't come on here and talk smack about capability. Come down to the farm and work that thing, and you'll find out your limitations in a hurry.

I think this aptly describes a couple people in this thread that keep backing the Titan and bashing the Ram-

Old 09-01-2004, 12:36 PM
TitanIam

Like I said, you win. You guys have the prettiest truck out there. Wunderbar!

Old 09-01-2004, 12:40 PM
TitanIam

You misspelled across so many times (twice), I figured you were serious.

*晴らしい試みのtitaniam 、愚か者

Translation, "Nice try, fool."[sm=itsok.gif]
Gezundheid, gezundheid

(please forgive my typo's, which may be many. Also, Todd, before using the word fool you'd better check out some of your own typo's. You have a weak "arguement" and your typo's "outdue" me! )

Old 09-01-2004, 12:49 PM
SOMZ28

Just to set the record straight, I dont think any Titan owner in this thread is putting down the Ram (and yes, a couple of Ram owners have come to the Titan board touting the greatness of the Hemi...big deal). You call it ugly, fine, whatever. However if you want to talk about capabilities about what a truck is used for, then bring it on (and no 2500 and 3500 cant play, just the 1500).

It sounds like you guys are all about 0-60, is that why you bought a crewcab 4x4, because it can beat other vehicles from 0-60. If so, I feel sorry that you paid so much for a vehicle that can be outrun by a Honda Accord. When I try to put things in perspective about whom has the greater payload/towing capacity, no one wants to respond. I for one think they are both great trucks that have pros/cons, but when it comes to being a truck the Titan has the edge.

And Snafu, all Titans come with 33" tires...STOCK!

Lets keep this civil.

Old 09-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Snafu

You're talking about a WORK truck and it's only available in a 1/2 ton? Please. Just shows the mentality we're dealing with here. I laugh every time I see an idjit pulling a 5th wheel with a 1/2 ton and get the hell away from them as quickly as possible. I bet you get a new truck every 2-3 years. You want long-term durability with constant heavy workload, your ricer ain't gonna hang with the big boys.

Quick Reply: Ugly truck