Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Does anyone have a diagram for

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 08:48 PM
dot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a diagram for

A 1993 Dodge Stealth RT for the the timing belt? I would be so greatful if anyone could help me out.

Thank You.

Old 08-22-2004, 02:22 PM
thestealth
Champion
Default RE: Does anyone have a diagram for

http://www.stealth316.com/images/stim/tim_09-07.gif

Here is a diagram of the t-belt. Check out the whole stealth316 site. Lots of very good info on there.

http://www.stealth316.com

GL

Old 08-22-2004, 07:42 PM
dot

[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 08-22-2004, 10:08 PM
thestealth
Champion

ORIGINAL: dot

[sm=thanx.gif]
No prob.

Old 08-23-2004, 06:43 PM
thestealth
Champion

I just read your post in the newbie section (I am not normally part of the welcoming committee) and saw that your t-belt broke, or slipped. That is not good. Major damage COULD have occurred. The belts should be replaced every 60K. To replace the tensioner pulley (left side of the diagram) the crank balancer needs removed. It is a real PITA. Sadly there is not alot of Stealth/3KGT knowledge on this board. I see you have found team3s. A good forum. You may also want to check out 3si.org/forum as well. There is a vast knowledge base there, if you can get past some of the a-holes (not many, but a bad apple can sour the bunch). I also recommend that you or your husband get a service manual from the dealership (haynes and chilton manuals do not cut it) or off of Ebay. I think 3sx performance sells them as well. Indespensible if you have plans on working on the car yourself (or husband).

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news[:@], I hope everything works out OK.

Nice looking car BTW, I don't see blue ones to often, looks good.

GL, Billy

Old 08-23-2004, 07:10 PM
dot

He brought home a diagram from the place that worked on it before. The belt slipped he thinks. The neighbor called and is bringing a service manual home from work tonght that he borrowed from the Dodge Dealer. My hubby was out looking for a manual when he could find none anywhere he found this board. He is going to work on it himself. That makes me feel better actually. I trust his work. I just made him come in from under the car to read your post. He says thanks and he will let you know (probably me) what the verdict is.

We are hoping there was no damage. It happened not a mile down the road. I came home.

Thank You, your car is pretty too. I see mostly red Stealths around here. And thanks for all your help.

Old 08-23-2004, 08:02 PM
thestealth
Champion

Cool, as long as he has an "official" service manual and a few mechanic skills he should be ok.

My car looks good......from about 15 feet it's my daily driver and some people in parking lots are ********. ie, lots of door dings. Most of its miles have been highway miles and the hood shows it.

Now, about that car in your sig picture from "1976", do you still have it? That is a sweet car

Old 08-23-2004, 08:24 PM
dot

Well like you said the crank is PITA. He has mad mechanical skills. He has an offical printout of what the book has in it. (The neighbor does not know that yet) My husband is a vending mechanic on the road all day. So he can pop in places if he has time through the day. Anyway.. the Charger. I wish we did still have it. I scanned the pic year or so ago for some other board.. "pics when you were younger" (was the day after the prom) I have other pics I am going to gather up and hook my scanner back up. Coming here made me realize how many mopars, dodges we have had. We sold that Charger and got I say a 72 one.. he says it was a 73. (he is probably right but I have never admitted it) I smashed it. : ( Then I had a ragtop 70 challenger that I stupidly sold after 10 years. Stupid regrets. I will not let the stealth go. We had a 95 Dodge Ram. I loved it.. It had so much space in it. The trans was going so we traded in in 2000 for a New GMC pickup.

I park out at the end of parking lots no matter what I am driving. Up hill away from rolling shopping carts.. btw Lou wants to know is it possible if that could be a left handed thread? It's not budging. He was already told no. But told me to ask if you ever heard of any being left handed.. I think its being what you said.. PITA.... Wait nevermind.. he got it off.. He fell over doing it though.. hehe..

Old 08-23-2004, 08:52 PM
thestealth
Champion

The only thing that I "know" is left hand thread is the passenger side rear wheel bearing.

I used to have a 71 Charger SE. Sold it for a song to buy a bass boat, stupidest thing I have done. I regret that decision everyday almost.

Old 08-23-2004, 11:53 PM
dot

I shall tell him.. Thanks. I am looking online to see if the right belt was put on it the last time. There is not many miles on it. I guess he can find that out tomorrow if I can't find it.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a diagram for