Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.
View Poll Results: A poll
yes
88.89%
no
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

would a 3.0 stealth win against a 1st gen. neon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 04:09 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: would a 3.0 stealth win against a 1st gen. neon?

ORIGINAL: EvilZombieZ

lol dude my dads worked for dodge for about 15 years, ive been in them, ive probably seen the worlds only automatic viper, yeah I know bout the viper venom, 255mph top speed. lol ive seen it his car is stock, hell my friend has a vr4 with about a new exhaust and air filter and its doing 13 flat. their are such thing as like freak of nature cars that come out of the factory more powerful then the others. ill get pics of his engine so you can see he dont have 1 mod done to it.
no....no there arent.

"factory freaks" are a rumor...i think that the absolute FASTEST stock 4th gen f-body is somewhere in the mid 12s, and that was with ideal conditions.

keep in mind that the new Z06s are in the 11s stock, well driven, and they have 150 more stated horsepower. there are tons of 11 second camaros, but none of them are stock. if his car is completely stock, why does he have aftermarket gauges on the A pillar, clearly visable in the picture?

just because daddy worked for chrysler doesnt mean that you should whip around what you consider to be good information.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:37 AM
EvilZombieZ
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol ideal conditions? stock is stock no matter the condition or not, and the new z06's yeah of course their fast but idk I say they copied the viper way too much. I mean im sure you guys heard of the z07, only reason their makin it, is to supercharge it to make it beat the viper, cause the new 08 viper would beat the z06. Wich im glad chevy is making a z07, maybe it i will bring chrysler, or well dodge since chrysler might be sold, to step up the viper to even higher hp and tq. And again my friend with his ls1 camaro this is his forum signate exactly what it says. Just a stock LS1 Camaro.
1.620 60" 7.579 1/8th 11.969 @ 111.70 1/4
No spray... yet... Did any of the ls1's come with a turbo or supercharger by chance? Also this is what else he said in his post when he posted some pics after he washed the car.

Quote:[/align]

Originally Posted by VDUBNDizzy[/align]Stock with a wink[/align][/align]
What can I say? The motor is internally stock. I haven't swapped out anything that oil touches. So as far as heads and cam, I'm racing the car as it came from GM. My car only goes fast because of the bolt-ons/stall/suspension/practice launching. I like being the underdog.

...an 1/8th that's faster than me but a 1/4 mile time that's not [/align]
I've always said that the car is an 1/8th mile car, and it comes out of the hole like you lit a fire under its ***. I'm working on getting faster down the big end once I get the drivetrain sorted out. What're you running in the 1/4, ET and MPH wise? I'd be interested to know. Shoot me a PM if you don't want to post up.

and a bit of spray coming sometime in the (probably not so) near future. [/align]
Again, the power comes after the drivetrain can handle it. You all KNOW that I'm getting nitrous. What you don't know is when, and what kind of power the car will make on the juice. I assure you that all supporting mods (injectors, tuning software, electronics, etc...) will be in place when I get the spray, to maximize the gain that I get. I'll race all you guys AFTER I've made my money back on the system.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
thestealth
Champion

VDUBNDizzy[/align]Stock with a wink[/align][/align]
What can I say? The motor is internally stock. I haven't swapped out anything that oil touches. So as far as heads and cam, I'm racing the car as it came from GM. My car only goes fast because of the bolt-ons/stall/suspension/practice launching. I like being the underdog.
His car =/= stock

...and no, to this point the LSx series of motors has not been offered with any sort of FI.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:17 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

just because he hasnt done much to the engine, but has built everything around it...doesnt make the car stock.

...and youre going to argue about how fast this guys supposedly stock LS1 is, and you dont even know that there hasnt been a factory FI LS1?

Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: EvilZombieZ

Originally Posted by VDUBNDizzy[/align]Stock with a wink[/align][/align]

The motor is internally stock. I haven't swapped out anything that oil touches. So as far as heads and cam, I'm racing the car as it came from GM. My car only goes fast because of the bolt-ons/stall/suspension/practice launching. I like being the underdog.

damn...is that the deffinition of stock?????
i dont mean to jump in on your argument here, but this kinda crap cought my eye[&:]
thats like me saying that i only have a few bolt ons .....internal or not, bolts hold them on

Old 04-02-2007, 04:50 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i agree..the mirada is bolt on only..nothing is welded on...

Old 04-02-2007, 05:37 PM
pghsebring
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

Bull****. There are parts that are welded on that car. Also, there are parts that are ziptied on, that is NOTa bolt on. Also, hoodpins are not bolts. Quit lying to us.

Now, ifyou swapped heads on your 5.0, your car only has "a few bolt ons..."

Stuart

Old 04-02-2007, 05:47 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: pghsebring

Bull****. There are parts that are welded on that car. Also, there are parts that are ziptied on, that is NOTa bolt on. Also, hoodpins are not bolts. Quit lying to us.

Stuart
Hahahahahahaha Pat he [sm=owned.gif] ya!

Although since he's your friend, I'm sure he knew you were bein sarcastic

Old 04-02-2007, 06:06 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ORIGINAL: pghsebring

Stuart
youve seen my welding...and that is PROOF that nothing on my car is welded on! my zipties are only holding back wires and hosesthat dont do anything.

my hood pins are screwons, and they only add like 4hp...so with them im still "stock"...

Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
irocelectric93

The simple fact that you said "well dodge since chrysler might be sold" proves you dont know anything about dodge chrysler or car manufacturers for that matter. If chrysler is sold.....then dodge is sold...they are the same company. Another thing....i would HOPE that a 7 liter v8 supercharged....would generate 650 horses. Supercharge the 8.4 new viper engine and see what happens......BOOST changes everything.

Quick Reply: would a 3.0 stealth win against a 1st gen. neon?