Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

wiring for subs and amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM
OhioBlueStealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring for subs and amp

I have a pretty retarded question but is there any way of rigging the stock display to attach all the wires needed for the amp and subs?

Old 03-28-2007, 01:56 AM
yevgenievich
Captain
Default RE: wiring for subs and amp

stock display? do you mean stock stereo? if you want good amp and subs everything needs to be upgraded, if you will try to use stock wires for more powerfull speakers they will most likely melt because of excessive power. you could probably plug an amp into stock stereo if it have white and red plug. mine stock tape player never even dreamed of having those, maybe higher end infinity system that was offered does.
and i'm not sure what you meant anyway
somebody please enlighten me into the meaning of the question![sm=helpout.gif]
isit something found only in the 1996 model?

Old 03-29-2007, 01:44 AM
OhioBlueStealth

basically i don't have a place to plug the blue wire into the display... (i do not know much at all about wiring) and i am getting new infinity speekers and im going to run them through the amp as well... i guess ill just save up $300 and let a professional do it.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
thestealth
Champion

By display, I can only assume you mean the head unit.
Is the blue wire for the turning on the amp?

Old 03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
92stealth
Professional

the blue wire is usually the ground wire isnt it?

Old 03-30-2007, 02:33 AM
yevgenievich
Captain

i thinkblue wire is a control wire to amp, the wire that lets the amp talk to the head unit. not sure if that's what it is but it have to be wired into the head unit. i had after market unit,and by pulling all the wires apart i found a blue one and wired it in, and amp started to work.

Old 04-22-2007, 02:36 PM
madman2020202020

The Blue wire on an after markethead unitis almost always the "remote wire" used to raise and lower your power Antena, Also commanly used to turn on and off your Amp's CD changers, and pretty much any other car audio component that needs to be shut off when you turn off the radio...there is way to use the stock unit (not always the best way) you just have to find the Radio fuse (the keyed one not constant...Also I would get a higher amp fuse in the car before hooking the bat. back up) and hook into there, now the reason I do not recomend this way is because if you shut off your radio the Amp does not shut off with it...it will on the other hand shut off the amp (or any other component you have running through that wire) when you turn the car off. as I said before this way DOES work but is not really the best way to do it.

Good Luck with the system...

I know this reply is a lil late but was just thinking maybe it could help some one else later on

Old 04-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Willis_93ES
Veteran

the blue wire by its self is the remote, the blue wire with a white stripe is the power antenna. i'm a skilled car audio person. when i did the wiring for my 93 it was wierd, i've never seen color codes on the stock wires so wierd. basically all i did was just touch test every wire to wire to hook my speakers up. red is 12+ign yellow is 12+constant, and obviously black is ground.

anymore questions let me know

will

Quick Reply: wiring for subs and amp