Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Brake Job

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:09 AM
joe0121
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl01stratcpe
KYB GR-2 Struts front and rear
Eibach Sportline springs front and rear.
Homemade rear camber kit (New bolts and washers to space out the upper arm)

I don't have a picture of the pinch welds, but if you look behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels they are hard to miss. Right next to the side skirt. I think there is a diagram under the spare tire cover.

My front rotors dont have the jack bolt holes... I think im going to have to put some heat and pullers on the passenger side. It wont budge.
Yanking on those things while the car is up on jack stands makes me a bit nervous to say the least. You can try spraying some brake cleaner in there to loosen the brake dust/dirt.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes, my rotors did have the helper holes..i think that "most" rotors now do...even when working as a mechanic, i didnt see many newer vehicles that didnt have them...but i dont think that most people know how to use them.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:57 AM
joe0121
Professional

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
yes, my rotors did have the helper holes..i think that "most" rotors now do...even when working as a mechanic, i didnt see many newer vehicles that didnt have them...but i dont think that most people know how to use them.
The new rotor didnt have them but the old ones did the difficult part was figuring out what size bolt to use other then that pretty straight forward. Now on the driver side getting those bolt off that hold the caliper to the hub assembly is proving to b a challenge those things are on there under about 4 million foot pounds of torque, and there isnt any room to fit a tourqe wrench in there.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by joe0121
Now on the driver side getting those bolt off that hold the caliper to the hub assembly is proving to b a challenge those things are on there under about 4 million foot pounds of torque, and there isnt any room to fit a tourqe wrench in there.
Dead blow hammer and ratchet/socket or just a wrench.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:33 PM
joe0121
Professional

Originally Posted by pearl01stratcpe
Dead blow hammer and ratchet/socket or just a wrench.
I tried a three pound sledge with no luck I will try a long wrench, the wheel well is very restricted if i had a lift i would just use a cheater bar from underneath.

Quick Reply: Brake Job