Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

how to block off egr ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 PM
Brock0295
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to block off egr ????

if i block off my egr valve wont it run a code since the plug cant be pluged into it anymore

Old 03-30-2006, 11:04 PM
B_52
Professional
Default RE: how to block off egr ????

Not done it on a Strat, but;

The only way I ever blocked off an EGR was to simply put a solid copper gasket (solid sheet) to block off the port between the valve and manifold, and leave the valve in place. When trimed to fit, it gave no outward apearance that the device was inop.

V

Old 04-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Brock0295
Veteran

thats not a bad idea i will try it i just hope it wont run anouther code

Old 04-08-2006, 02:47 AM
joe0121
Professional

ORIGINAL: B_52

Not done it on a Strat, but;

The only way I ever blocked off an EGR was to simply put a solid copper gasket (solid sheet) to block off the port between the valve and manifold, and leave the valve in place. When trimed to fit, it gave no outward apearance that the device was inop.

V

EGR????? why would you want to block it

Old 04-09-2006, 03:42 AM
B_52
Professional

The EGR valve allows spent hot exhaust gas to re-enter the intake manifold (it’s an emissions thing). Blocking it off keeps the air charge cooler, as well as allows more burnable air into the cylinders.

Vince

Old 04-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Brock0295
Veteran

becase i have a vacume leak that i have speant at least 12 hours in a shop trying to find it i need to try everything
im getting about 10 miles per gallon city and my code runs "lean fuel mix" i have tried everything as far as testing each injector puse rate all the way to changing my intake manifold

Old 04-09-2006, 03:44 PM
joe0121
Professional

ORIGINAL: B_52

The EGR valve allows spent hot exhaust gas to re-enter the intake manifold (it’s an emissions thing). Blocking it off keeps the air charge cooler, as well as allows more burnable air into the cylinders.

Vince
IC you know where it is on the 3.0L mitsu engine

Old 04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
slick_stratus

hey im not gitting that check engine code but i am gitting many others....!!!! my map, maf,and tps, sensors are reading corralation at load.. and im gitting a high circut bank one sensor one error. i dont know what to do. i have replaced the map,map,and tps sensors and the check engin light never went off.. this is where it all started--------------------> i took off the cat converter and the car ran fine. ok. well about a week later i took off the throttlebody and bored it out but before i did that i undid my battery to reset the comp. i bored it out then hooked it back up. then the problems began. thats when i replaced all of that ****.... then i went and got 2 new o2 sensors check engin light still on! i went and got a dio done again i was gitting low circut bank 2 sensor 2 i know this wont make sence but hear me out. high circut bank2 sensor 2 ...... yeah.. so i bought a o2 simulator to simulate the cat converter to try to solve the problem and i got another dio done. i must of got like 25 dio's done by now... and i was reading low circut bank2 circut 2 so i fixed that and again went and got another dio done and now im gitting map, maf,and tps, sensors are reading corralation at load.. and im gitting a high circut bank one sensor one error and the car's rpm's wont let me go past 3500.. it bounces like the governor is stoping it when im swithching it from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and so on and when i stop or stay stedy on gas it bounces at 1000 rpms. and when on stoped it will try to cut out almost stalling then catch its self BOY IS THIS CAR PISSING ME OFF. PLEASE HELP CUZ PEOPLE IVE WENT TO DONT KNOW **** ABOUT MODDING CARS AND TELL ME WHAT I KNOW IT IS NOT....................SORRY IF THIS IS A REPEAT FOURM U HAVE SEEN ALOT OF BUT I NEED MAJOR HELP BAD IM RUNNING LOW ON IDEALS!!!1

Old 05-31-2006, 12:11 AM
2.4 DOHC Demon

Hey Im new to the forum and I was looking over your problem. Just recently I needed to fix my EGR valve to pass inspection because it was throwing a code. To fix this problem you need to unbolt the piping from the EGR valve to the intake manifold. You will also need to dissconnect something else right in front of the intake mainifold. Spray some cleaner throw the piping and get an air sprayer connected to a compressed air tank and spray it in the front of the intake mainfold and the blockage should come out of the side where the EGR piping is connected. The dealership didnt even know what to do which was pretty funny. It was all good after that. The code was gone and I passed the inspection.

Quick Reply: how to block off egr ????