Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

01 Stratus RT... Clutch and flywheel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:13 AM
cookiebearz32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 01 Stratus RT... Clutch and flywheel?

Hi. I just bought a 2001 Stratus RT with 5 speed transmission with a little more than 80K miles. Actually I got it on base from a military auction, in hopes of it needing an easy fix..

So... It starts and everything, the only problem is, when I put it in gear, it goes no where. I know, there was a thread on this before, but I didn't find anything to help me. I've looked everywhere!

Whether I use the clutch, to put it in gear, or not.. it does nothing. RPMs go nowhere, unless I give it gas. No knocks, whirring, whining, scratching, nothing! I've gotten quite a few opinions on it, other than mine. I'm being told my clutch is pretty much shot. So I've ordered one already, it's a Exedy OEM clutch kit.

So, I am doing the work myself, to save me a couple bucks.. but I figured while I'm down there replacing the clutch, I might as well throw in a new flywheel so I don't have to worry about anymore problems for another while. Only problem is, I can't find anywhere that has the flywheel for the 3.0 Stratus. If anyone knows somewhere I can find one, at a decent price, I would greatly appreciate it! ..or if anyone has a different opinion on my problem, works as well..

*On top of that, I am stationed out here in Hawaii, so it's tough to get someone to ship out here.. and no auto parts stores have or will ship to me..

Old 12-25-2010, 05:16 AM
cookiebearz32

Also, will a 3.0 Eclipse flywheel fit my car, with the Exedy oem clutch? I read that unless I use a eclipse clutch, the flywheel wont match up.. or vice versa!

Old 12-25-2010, 04:05 PM
cookiebearz32

All I'm really looking for is a part number for the Stratus flywheel, since I've already ordered the KMB03 clutch kit, which I believe is only applicable on the Stratus. I pretty much bought with out doing more research on the interchangeable parts, and I really can't fit (buying more parts than I need to) into my budget.

If someone could help me significantly, perhaps pointing me in the right direction, to find a part number, that would be great!

Old 12-26-2010, 02:05 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Welcome to DF
These are all mopar numbers, Flywheel MD379541,Clutch Disc MR553279,Pressure plate MR553278 and Release bearing MR145619. Hope this helps.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 PM
cookiebearz32

Aparrently.. that Flywheel part didn't fit my crankshaft. The bolts didnt match up, so now I'm stumped.. because I have the KMb03 clutch kit.. which fit the dowels on the old flywheel.. So.. Idk, maybe they sent me the wrong flywheel?????

ANy advice on where to get a whole kit and be worry free?

Quick Reply: 01 Stratus RT... Clutch and flywheel?