Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

Can the viper stand up to this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 PM
vipermaan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the viper stand up to this?

I don't know exactly what the new horsepower numbers are for this year, and next years vipers, but mine Is 500 horespower I'm pretty sure. It looks like GM has the vette at it again!

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/25/o...and-604-lb-ft/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKU35G9oT5o

If I wasn't a die hard dodge man I would pick one of those up! God have mercy on me for loving dodge so much! lol

Old 04-25-2008, 10:54 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Can the viper stand up to this?

Very old old news. You should also go to dodge.com and build a 08 Viper for fun.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:30 AM
lblackneon
Champion

It'll leave the Viper in the straight for sure.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:09 AM
vipermaan

sorry if it was old news. I just joined this website. I happened to just stumble across that info. Mainly because I just got a computer! lol So I am just now coming up to the new technology! haha

Old 04-27-2008, 03:12 AM
Importkillaz
Rookie

It should beat the Viper in a straight line...going through the twists will be interesting...

Old 04-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder what Dodge plans to do after they oust the Viper? Maybe they will make something better, you don't need a v10 to make 600 horsepower.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 AM
CarGuyOhio

It is always a goal to make something "better", however many times goals are not achieved and therefore a risk to build something completely new. This is one reasonautomakers love the retro concepts, they know the look will be accepted, and even better, the majority of the people accepting it are a older generation with $$ sitting in the bank.

I still say a interesting replacement would be some kind of 70 Cuda redesign. Wider, shorterand lower of course. Would be able to share SOME components of the Challenger, which is good for both Chrylser (cost) and the buyer for the same reason.

In my opinion this car should not have any power options,radio, or even a back seat. The car should only have the following things to be concerned with..... Style and performance. Screw the cup holders, MPGs, seat heaters and digital displays telling me it is time for a oil change or what my 0-60 is. Some will say saftely should be a concern, but as long as it passes the fed standards that is all it needs. A car like this is NOT safe. Safety in a car like this is up to the driver, not the automaker.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:22 AM
vipermaan

Well if dodge does get rid of the viper, they better replace it with another v10 because from what I've seen dodge doesn't have a real powerhouse v8 like chevy does. One of my buddys have the dodge magnum srt8, and the best 1/4 mile times he can get is 14.1. For there high v8 they should be able to do better than that. My other buddy has an 02 camaro ss anniversary edition with the SLP package, and he consistenly runs right at 13. In the 1/4 mile that equals what about 10-12 car lengths?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 AM
CarGuyOhio

ORIGINAL: vipermaan

Well if dodge does get rid of the viper, they better replace it with another v10 because from what I've seen dodge doesn't have a real powerhouse v8 like chevy does. One of my buddys have the dodge magnum srt8, and the best 1/4 mile times he can get is 14.1. For there high v8 they should be able to do better than that. My other buddy has an 02 camaro ss anniversary edition with the SLP package, and he consistenly runs right at 13. In the 1/4 mile that equals what about 10-12 car lengths?
They have the engines, just not in a production car. You are also comparing cars in different classes. Dodge does not ahve anything in the pony car class, well they do now with the Challenger.

http://www.mopar.com/muscle/whatshot1005.htm

Old 04-29-2008, 09:39 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

ORIGINAL: vipermaan

They have the engines, just not in a production car. You are also comparing cars in different classes. Dodge does not ahve anything in the pony car class, well they do now with the Challenger.

http://www.mopar.com/muscle/whatshot1005.htm
Not to mention the LX cars weigh like 9 tons...

Quick Reply: Can the viper stand up to this?