Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

v12 in viper

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 03:42 AM
joe0121
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: v12 in viper

ORIGINAL: Dartman69

What sort of V12 are we talking about here?

Also, why get rid of the perfectly good V10?

I had a 5.3 litre V12 in my old '79 Jaguar XJ12. That engine was a piece of junk. Burned oil like crazy and sucked back alot of gas for it's small size. She ended up blowing a rod, so I tossed a Ford 305 V8 in it instead (the switch was surprisingly easy) and sold it to some poor sucker. Last V12 I'd ever buy! In the words of Mr. Scott: "The more they overtake the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain!"
You can turbo the 10 and get way more power for the same price as a v-12

Old 04-05-2006, 03:51 AM
joe0121
Professional

ORIGINAL: Jviper

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Ease up on him guys, either way he's still a good Viper enthusiast.

2006 srt10
You know that rumors are going around that the 08 Viper will destroy the 06 Viper, the GT and the Z06 without hesitation right?

-Matt-
Good its about time. The z06 is garbage anyway all you have to do is change the rear end gear of the viper and say goodbye z06.[8D]

I heard that the viper is geared for 314mph.
Your Ignorance is showing through. The Z06 is not garbage by any strech of the imagenation. Sure you can mod a viper to be fast but you can also mod a Z to be faster. Just because you prefer a car doesnt mean everything else sucks.

You want to know the most effective mod for any car?

A better driver.

A little something to think about. Improve the driver then the car.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Jviper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: joe0121

2006 srt10
You know that rumors are going around that the 08 Viper will destroy the 06 Viper, the GT and the Z06 without hesitation right?

-Matt-
Good its about time. The z06 is garbage anyway all you have to do is change the rear end gear of the viper and say goodbye z06.[8D]

Your Ignorance is showing through. The Z06 is not garbage by any strech of the imagenation. Sure you can mod a viper to be fast but you can also mod a Z to be faster. Just because you prefer a car doesnt mean everything else sucks.

A better driver.

The z isnt faster than a 2000 horsepower viper.[8D]

Old 04-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Jviper
Veteran

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jviper

ORIGINAL: joe0121

2006 srt10

-Matt-

A better driver.

The z isnt faster than a 2000 horsepower viper. [8D]

Old 04-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No one is talking about the SVS...

You're just ignoring facts...

I swear, you don't sound like the 20 something year old Viper owner, you claim to be.

You sound more like a 14 year old kid, sneaking on his mom's computer everynight to dream about Vipers on the net and saying you own one. You seem to not know much about the Viper and some of the things I've seen you say make others here look kind of bad...

Old 04-06-2006, 03:43 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

I swear, you don't sound like the 20 something year old Viper owner, you claim to be.

You sound more like a 14 year old kid, sneaking on his mom's computer everynight to dream about Vipers on the net and say you won one. You know nothing about the Viper and some of the things I've seen you say make this Viper forum look bad...

How do you really feel? LOL

I think the Viper he quoted at 2000HP it more like 1300HP. http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_63_0.wmv

There is another thing you also need to consider, and I said it before. It does not matter what you can do aftermarket. The whole point is the fastest production car. Not what you can do to make it the fastest. Anyone with money can build a fast car. If I built a Chevette (yes Chevette not Corvette) that could beat a Viper or Vette would it really matter? Nope.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:08 PM
LeftyBaseballr16

I've got a 3000 horsepower ford taurus.... just gonna cruise with it until I finally get my viper

Old 04-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

Apparently the SVS is at 2,000 hp now... i dunno

Old 04-06-2006, 10:58 PM
Jviper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

You sound more like a 14 year old kid, sneaking on his mom's computer everynight to dream about Vipers on the net and say you won one. You know nothing about the Viper and some of the things I've seen you say make this Viper forum look bad...

How do you really feel? LOL

I think the Viper he quoted at 2000HP it more like 1300HP. http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_63_0.wmv

There is another thing you also need to consider, and I said it before. It does not matter what you can do aftermarket. The whole point is the fastest production car. Not what you can do to make it the fastest. Anyone with money can build a fast car. If I built a Chevette (yes Chevette not Corvette) that could beat a Viper or Vette would it really matter? Nope.
2000 horsepower is right. That is for this year. Heres a video of them testing it. Sounds to good.
http://svspower.com/videos.aspx?nav=6
Go down to where it says 2000hp svs twin turbo rocket sled, then click on the engine

Old 04-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

I like how he ignored my accusations...

Quick Reply: v12 in viper