Dodge Viper The almighty Dodge Viper. No matter the year, since it's arrival, the Dodge Viper has made even the most refined car enthusiasts drool. This sports car has it all from a sexy look to pavement shredding power.

v12 in viper

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 03:12 AM
joe0121
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: v12 in viper

ORIGINAL: Jviper

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

No one is talking about the SVS...

You're just ignoring facts...

I swear, you don't sound like the 20 something year old Viper owner, you claim to be.

You sound more like a 14 year old kid, sneaking on his mom's computer everynight to dream about Vipers on the net and say you won one. You know nothing about the Viper and some of the things I've seen you say make this Viper forum look bad...

How do you really feel? LOL

I think the Viper he quoted at 2000HP it more like 1300HP. http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_63_0.wmv

There is another thing you also need to consider, and I said it before. It does not matter what you can do aftermarket. The whole point is the fastest production car. Not what you can do to make it the fastest. Anyone with money can build a fast car. If I built a Chevette (yes Chevette not Corvette) that could beat a Viper or Vette would it really matter? Nope.
2000 horsepower is right. That is for this year. Heres a video of them testing it. Sounds to good.
http://svspower.com/videos.aspx?nav=6
Go down to where it says 2000hp svs twin turbo rocket sled, then click on the engine
It was 1725HP..
What about the 1400+ HP vette.

but the point remains a Good driver in a 505HP vette (or stock viper for that matter) still beats a 1725HP car with a ****ty driver because he or she will just burn the tires of the car and never make it past the first 60 feet.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 AM
joe0121
Professional

ORIGINAL: LeftyBaseballr16

I've got a 3000 horsepower ford taurus.... just gonna cruise with it until I finally get my viper

lol I call BS.

Old 04-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Jviper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: joe0121

I swear, you don't sound like the 20 something year old Viper owner, you claim to be.

You sound more like a 14 year old kid, sneaking on his mom's computer everynight to dream about Vipers on the net and say you won one. You know nothing about the Viper and some of the things I've seen you say make this Viper forum look bad...

I think the Viper he quoted at 2000HP it more like 1300HP. http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_63_0.wmv

There is another thing you also need to consider, and I said it before. It does not matter what you can do aftermarket. The whole point is the fastest production car. Not what you can do to make it the fastest. Anyone with money can build a fast car. If I built a Chevette (yes Chevette not Corvette) that could beat a Viper or Vette would it really matter? Nope.
2000 horsepower is right. That is for this year. Heres a video of them testing it. Sounds to good.
Go down to where it says 2000hp svs twin turbo rocket sled, then click on the engine
It was 1725HP..

but the point remains a Good driver in a 505HP vette (or stock viper for that matter) still beats a 1725HP car with a ****ty driver because he or she will just burn the tires of the car and never make it past the first 60 feet.
Ever heard of automatic.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:42 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

It was 1725HP..

Ever heard of automatic.
im sorry J but autos are for ***s that are sorry in which they can't drive a manual. kinda like the guy on the vid. he walked like a girl. but really, i'd still go for a hennesey.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Jviper
Veteran

ORIGINAL: dubvipers

It was 1725HP..

Ever heard of automatic.
im sorry J but autos are for ***s that are sorry in which they can't drive a manual. kinda like the guy on the vid. he walked like a girl. but really, i'd still go for a hennesey.
Look at this upgrade from hennesseys twin turbo. The automatic is faster than manaul.

Acceleration (Optional Automatic Transmission):

0-60: 1.85 sec. *
1/4 mile (with NOS): 8.93 sec. @ 149.65 mph *
1/4 mile (no NOS): 9.66 sec. @ 146 mph *

Acceleration (Stock 6-Speed Transmission):

0-60: 2.35 sec. *
1/4 mile (with NOS): 9.52 sec. @ 156+ mph *
1/4 mile (no NOS): 10.01 sec. @ 146 mph *

Old 04-10-2006, 11:44 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

1.85? That would nearly liquify a person [&:]

Old 04-10-2006, 11:57 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

1.85? That would nearly liquify a person [&:]
LoL your joking right?

Old 04-10-2006, 12:18 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Of course

Old 04-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Jviper
Veteran

Theres no way you can get that time with manual (1.85)

Old 04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jviper, the acceleration times on a manual depends on how talented and good they are with a manual. There are some people who can't shift worth anything and will have slower times, on the other hand their are others who can shift faster.

BTW, more cylinders does not equal a faster engine. There are stock crate engine big-block V8 HEMIs which produce more power than the V10 does.

Quick Reply: v12 in viper