Doc Fluty
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have fun!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:27 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok guys who hasnt voted yet??? only 2 days left! lets give maori some support!!! he's only 7 votes behind. as of right now, silver truck club is finally kickin our butts in something

Old 05-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Maori has the best looking and performing truck in this month's contest. We need to get him some more votes to help him pull this one out, his truck deserves the win.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 AM
OklaHemi
Champion

I Am really getting tired of all the bs media coverage about bp. It is a tradgedy for sure and they are taking a lot of steps to fix the problem but the news is making the most assanign reports. Sorry for the rant but I'm drilling for bp and they are hands down the best company I have every worked with. I usually don't watch the news because I feel the are full of ****le any way but I'm at mcds and it's on CNN what a bunch of goobers

Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Doc Fluty
Banned

i have no idea how the oil trade works. But from what ive learned from the reports is that BP was supposed to do things one way.. chose to do it the cheap way and fill something with water instead of concrete and that is what is exacerbating the problem.

i dont knwo about all that but what i do know is that when its friday and they say there have to wait till wednesday of next week to try something that prolly wont work anyway.. i tend to get upset.

this things been going on for over a month... the situation is unacceptable

and this frikin president.. i swear if bush was in office they would be marching up the street with impeachment papers... obama needs to roll heads today!

and I supported offshore drilling.. but after this clusterf*ck... no... even if this thing happened once every 20-30 years, its too much.

I dont think drilling in the gulf is much of the overall picture anyway.. i think its like 3% of what we use? ...no... i think they should now shut down all gulf rigs and only allow them way off shore or on land where they can be managed better.

thats just my uneducated opinion on it (as will be most voters and politicians)

Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
black shadow
Veteran

well if you shut off the offshore drilling then the middle of the country is going to be in big trouble bcause all of the oil from the gulf goes directly to refineries in tx and la and supply all of the gas for the middle of the country just look what happened after Katrina and the refineries had to shut down then gas prices went to almost 5 dollars a gallon no that is not the answer and I agree with you they need to quit handling this with kids gloves and take care of before it gets out of hand and we have the technology to fix the problem.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
smoker911
Default I want in on the black truck club

Hey Guys I want to be in on this here club ..let me in and please give a # if u can like 9, 10,11,12, what ever clever..........thank uBlack Truck Club-side-view.jpg

Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
bigslick050
All Star

Originally Posted by smoker911
Hey Guys I want to be in on this here club ..let me in and please give a # if u can like 9, 10,11,12, what ever clever..........thank uAttachment 8931
ROTFL dude try member number 200 and something. This aint the green truck club

Old 05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker

haha, yep. Welcome smoker, send Off Road Teacher a PM that you want to join and he'll send you an invite and give you a number. Nice hood btw

Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Matt99
Champion

Okla, did you see that guys interview that was one of the last off the rig? He specifically said that the BP exec decided on measures that increased the risk of something like this....but I do think its a fluke that all the safety measures failed.

Doc Fluty, a huge part of our economy is offshore drilling (LA that is), within a certain distance and the travel through south LA halfway depends on it.

Black Shadow, you have to remember that gas prices are driven more by demand than supply. If the goofballs over in the World Bank can come up with an excuse to raise prices, then they do. The refineries arnt as much related to the offshore rigs as they are to gasoline production. The actual refinery is the gem, not the rigs. With around 3-5% of oil coming from offshore production, the other 95% of oil still has to be refined. Millions of dollars and decades of time are put into a refinery, so they are the killing factor in price rather than offshore drilling (and the ragheads over in the middle east)

Quick Reply: Black Truck Club