Black Truck Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:29 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya'll can avoid me all you want I said my piece in off topic, And paid my debt to this forum. My dad is dying, he has two choices. Feeding tube and live for a few months or die of starvation. He has cancer and it's spreading rapidly. But you decide what ya'll wanna do. I'm not gonna dwell on your posts or lack there of.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:48 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

best wishes to your dad rocket thats gotta be one of the hardest things anyone can deal with, i wish the best for you and your family...

on a side note now that ol rocket made my heart cringe...i got my mini light bar from kc hi-lites today and i will customize the light brackets on the lights i have and mount them along with figuring out how to wire up some quick conects and disconnects to operate them when i need them....for fishing of course....thanks hammer....

Old 06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Hey rocket, sorry to hear about your pop. I don't think anyone is ignoring you, there just aren't a lot of guys on during the day. Either way, I will say a prayer for your dad.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rocket, are you talking about a PEG/JEG or a TPN solution through the veins? Im guessing your talking about a PEG but delaying the inevitable (if thats the case) might not be worth it....Im not trying to advise you but ive seen families be torn apart for a week of time which is *******ly hell for the patient (hunger pains are still going to exist, making that week somewhat miserable along with the sedation)

Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Bluesmanjesse
Record Breaker

Rocket I feel for you man,my wife is a nurse in a local nursing home and she deals with that everyday,she had to take care of her Grandma in there until she passed,it was very sad. The thing she always complains about is the selfishness of families instead of them thinking of the comfort of thier loved one. I can tell you I dread the day I have to go through what you are going through now,God Bless you and your family.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 PM
OklaHemi
Champion

sorry to hear about you dad rocket, i would never ignore any one w/o reason. your random *** comments crack me up daily. just try not to take the comps and comments personal. its all fun we are all here for the same reason

Old 06-15-2010, 06:05 PM
black shadow
Veteran

We are all with you rocket I know exactly what your going through and it is tough I went through the same thing less then a year ago with my mother and I am still now over it so don't think that we aren't pulling for you cause we are, you need someone to talk to you know where we are.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 PM
rocket23
Champion

Originally Posted by OklaHemi
sorry to hear about you dad rocket, i would never ignore any one w/o reason. your random *** comments crack me up daily. just try not to take the comps and comments personal. its all fun we are all here for the same reason
The comps and comments, Are exactly what I need. Just wont get the big head like Rh did when he came back,lol. ^^^ thanks shadow and all who've responded ( in type and in there hearts) I'm not gonna turn this into a mortuary page. Just caught me off guard, when i got the news from the Dr. today. I think He will do the tube matt99, Until after his grand daughters wedding. Them he will just stop. But thats the decision he has now. Can't eat, can't speak. What really sucks is his chicken scratch writing lol. I tried getting him too tex. ,that didn't go too well.lol. Thanks again guy's back too the trucks , please. Good luck with the jacking, I mean light bar Jjay.heh heh.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Matt99
Champion

Rocket, one thing ive seen pretty useful in people that cant talk in the hospital is flash cards...figure out common requests/complaints (hot/cold, thirsty, love you, etc) and write it on flash cards...then he can just nod, blink, etc. Hearing is USUALLY the last to go so even if he cant respond theres a damn good chance he can hear you.

And I hope yall have advanced directives in place. One more thing that can tear a family, one child wants them on the support forever, the other doesnt. If he doesnt, yall should sit down as a group with him and give him the options

Once again, not trying to be a dickhole or anything about it, just using my End of Life Care experience to try and make things easier/prevent seperation

Old 06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
rocket23
Champion

I'm pretty sure thats covered. matt 99. I just got back from my sisters house . Thats where he'll go for now.I spent the morning going thru his vhs tapes. He taped his red sox when they did the west coast. Well thats done. Pretty much time for nity nite. third shift blows.

Quick Reply: Black Truck Club