General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Good Alarm System?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:01 PM
chud298
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Alarm System?

ORIGINAL: casper

This is true, Lojac is the best option, coupled with an alarm.
HA!!! Lojac is worthless. Most cops don't even know how to use it. I've been on a lot of ride-a-alongs and I asked once how it works and he didn't know. I asked a couple other cops and they had an idea and said they don't even pay attention to it. In the cop car all it is, it a circle of light blubs. There is one green one and it switches positions when you turn. It's like some sort of map. Anyways, yeah alot of the newer cop cars aren't even coming installed with them anymore. The station I work for got 3 new ones and they don't have any. Out of the 25 cars I think one has it...waste of money!!! Just giving you a heads up.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:26 AM
moparmania
Veteran

2 other systems that i have used are scytec and compustar.. both have many options and are expandable. i would onlyget a 2 way paging system. what good will it do if you dont know your alarms going off......my pages me even if the warning beep is triggered, and both offer a lifetime warranty by the company and installer... heck i can roll my windows up or down with it. not to mention i love remote start with the starter kill. just my 2 cents

Old 04-09-2005, 03:27 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want a great alarm, the best, that is not only sensitive and gets the job done right, but has a pager to let you knows the moment it's getting messed with and has a very long range indoors and outdoors.

Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 AM
moparmania
Veteran

depending on what the building is made of and if the is radio/satilite dish on the roof i get anywhere from 1/4 to 1 mile range on my 2way pager alarm outdoors i can get up to 2 miles.....far enough??????????

i work in a hospital so we have metal roofs and lots of equipment in the building that can mess with signal. no one gets cell signal in the hospital but i get signals from my truck alarm...

hope that helps. i realy liked the compustar. a bit more than the one i have now, just because it can page you with a dif beep when someone taps on a special spot on the windsheild to let you know they are at your car.... like if you and the wife get seperated and the store and one beats the other to the truck. the one i have now makes you press a button in the cab to do the page. but i have never had any problems with either unit yet.

Quick Reply: Good Alarm System?