Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

mopar intake/exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
srt4life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mopar intake/exhaust

hello everyone, i'm new to the forum . i bought my black 05 for christmas a little over a year ago, and since i have added the mopar BOV and STS, and also 17x7.5 light weight Enkei racing wheels with Toyo T1-R's for added grip during aggresive launch (HUGE help) love the car but crave more power. i was wondering if anybody has added both the mopar CAI and exhaust at the same time and what results they saw. I'd appreciate any and all input, as i know from reading the posts the last couple of weeks, you all are pretty knowledgable. Holla!!

Old 04-30-2007, 02:17 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: mopar intake/exhaust

both are kinda a waste of time imo. especially the mopar cai, thing is the biggest pain in the *** ever. i really suggest staying away from it.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
srt4life

interesting. what, in particular, did you not find satisfactory about it?

thank you for you oppinion

Old 04-30-2007, 03:28 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the fitmet is horrible on it, you basically have to take apart the whole inner wheel well to get the thing installed on there, and the pipe sits too high near the turbo so it makes it extremly difficult if not near impossible to use a strut tower brace. not to mention it's smaller than many of the other intakes and more expensive. there are just better options out there really.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:34 PM
monstab757
Professional

Yeah the mopar cai is a little overpriced. Go with the JMB or AGP. They are both nice setups and pretty much identical. As for the exhaust, its all in what your goals are. A lot of people seem to pair up the mopar/borla exhaust with an aftermarket downpipe since its cheaper. In the end though you have a more restrictive exhaust than your standard 3" turboback. I have to admit myself though that the mopar/borla does have a nice look and tone. The 4" tips are f'n huge and shiny.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
srt4life

that's cool, my ultimate goal was to increase performance while keeping the warrenty intact. i've still got about 2 years left on it, so that would be nice to have. i'm not going to be doing the install myself, so difficutly isn't an issue.

now you also said it's a MORE restrictive exhaust. isn't that bad? and how much hp should i expect to gain by adding it? i know about 20 from the CAI, but i can't find anything on the exhaust. thanks for the input!!

Old 04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
monstab757
Professional

Yeah the mopar/borla is more restrictive which in turn yields less hp, but its cheaper thats why most people buy it. As far as hp gains, you will not see 20hp with a cai. Thats a load of BS that companies tell you. You'll be lucky to see about 5hp at the wheels. With the mopar/borla exhaust maybe 7-10hp at the wheels.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:02 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i'm not trying to be an ***, but i am going to be completly honest here. if you're worried about your warranty, stop modding your car. i don't care if you're using mopar only parts and having the dealer install them (which is a really stupid move but that's another thread), modding the car can and probably will cause you issues if you need to have warranty work done. when it comes to these cars, you can two options. one is to mod and say goodbye to your warranty, the other is to stay stock and keep it. there is no happy medium. and the magnus-moss act doesn't mean a damn thing in real life so don't think that's going to protect you.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:03 PM
srt4life

interesting. is that from personnal experiance? and i notice on the mopar website it says it's a high flow exhaust, and you just mentioned that it is more restrictive resulting in less hp, but then i should expect 7-10 hp gain. i'm confused. and what would you suggest i do to get better results?

Old 04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
srt4life

thank you psi chick, i won't take your input as you trying to be an *** i value your oppinion. i'm new to the whole modding scene and really just wanna get as much info as possible before i shell out that kind of cash. i WANT power, and any suggestions on the best way to do that is really what i'm after. thanks again!!

Quick Reply: mopar intake/exhaust