Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

stock evo vs stock srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 05:29 PM
gilles
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stock evo vs stock srt-4

it's going to be ready for monday!
[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 09-14-2004, 06:30 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

I gotta see this...

Old 09-14-2004, 09:25 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Today is Tuesday, did he mean a Monday in September??

Old 09-14-2004, 10:06 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Yeah, I want to see this vid. I love SRT4 vids. Don't you think the ricer comment is a little harsh RR? LOL. Don't be hatin on the Evo, its actually fast, even if it is a bit ricer.

Old 09-14-2004, 10:36 PM
Gump
Record Breaker

harsh.... whats with people getting all butt hurt with the term rice? come on folks if that term bugs you there might be some other issues you need to look at that are probally more important.
ORIGINAL: NeonSXT04

Yeah, I want to see this vid. I love SRT4 vids. Don't you think the ricer comment is a little harsh RR? LOL. Don't be hatin on the Evo, its actually fast, even if it is a bit ricer.

Old 09-15-2004, 12:50 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Gump

harsh.... whats with people getting all butt hurt with the term rice? come on folks if that term bugs you there might be some other issues you need to look at that are probally more important.
ORIGINAL: NeonSXT04

Pfft. You could call my car rice and I wouldn't care. I just generally associate the term "rice" with something that looks fast but is not. Which would rule out the Evo, because it actually is fast. But everyone has a different meaning for the word rice.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:42 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the term rice and not ricer, they have completely different meanings. I said it was a rice box and calling it rice is accurate since it is indeed and Asian car, derived from the older term rice burner. And since it is rather square in shape with harsh sharp edges and lines, I called it a rice box. Maybe I should have simply called it Uncle Bens.[sm=icon_rofl.gif] I'm not knocking it's performance, it is one of the best performing cars made, it's just not my style. I highly prefer the STi and I really like them, but I'll take an SRT-4 over both of them any day.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:00 AM
millenniumdna
All Star

I have used the term Riced Out but that about it. Not sure what it means come to think of it.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:53 PM
badsrt4
Professional

im not trying to call nobody a liar... but my friend also owns a 2003 evo (stock), i have a 2003 srt-4 (stock), i might not be the best driver, but im not bad, we've taken both cars to a local drag strip (1/8) called yellow belly. well my best time so far was a 9.3 and his time was 8.5 thats almosta second [X(]. the highway its a diferent story but never lost sight of him he was right behind me the whole time. again gilles i'm not trying to call u a lier or nothing im just telling my personal experiences.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

im not trying to call nobody a liar... but my friend also owns a 2003 evo (stock), i have a 2003 srt-4 (stock), i might not be the best driver, but im not bad, we've taken both cars to a local drag strip (1/8) called yellow belly. well my best time so far was a 9.3 and his time was 8.5 thats almosta second . the highway its a diferent story but never lost sight of him he was right behind me the whole time. again gilles i'm not trying to call u a lier or nothing im just telling my personal experiences.
I think that goes right along with what he said. In the 1/4 they are close - and after that the srt-4 walks. It just has less weight and less drivetrain powerloss to deal with than the heavy 4wd evo. I am not ragging on the evo, but its prowess is in a different area. I have driven Evo's and the turn in capability of that car is remarkable. But the accelleration is not as overwhelming as one might think. The key to that cars speed in a straight line is launch ability. After that it is a little bit slower than the srt-4.

Note: I have also raced them on the road in turns and if you know how to drive a fwd well you can almost hang. If you know how to drive srt-4's extremely well, you can make most of the difference up in acceleration bursts due to instantly available torque.

Wouldn't even try it on a very wet or snowy road, though. The evo would trounce any srt in those situations.

Just my .02.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: stock evo vs stock srt-4