Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

stock evo vs stock srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 07:06 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stock evo vs stock srt-4

Is it wheelspin or what?

Old 09-19-2004, 05:33 AM
badsrt4
Professional

i might not be the best one to talk about this.. but what i was told to do was not to wet the tires, make a short burn out, rev it up to 2k rpm's and let go the clutch after the second yellow light., but my problem is that after i get out i slam the gas, i dont know why but i do it, thats probably why my times are not so good.[&o][&o] , i would like to know what am i doing wrong, or what alse can i do to improve my times, also once i get the 2nd stage installed are the launches gonna be harder to make???

Old 09-19-2004, 08:25 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Twice was from wheelspin, once was from babying the **** out of it and the other time was just too little throttle too long. Two times I went too far in first to where the boost fell off before I shifted, that didn't help matters. I never heated or lowered the tire pressures either, I have heard that it will make a difference since they are a fairly soft race-like compound tire. Most conventional radials bite better with higher tire pressures and no burn out. Next time I will do it right and make more passes.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:32 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

in my experience, tire pressure does make a difference- i run a solid .2 better w/ about 25 psi on the stock setup than w/ regular pressures (i run 45 psi). the burnout, however, has not ever done anything for my times, so i stopped wasting my tires. just getting the heat of a couple runs in them seems to be plenty.

Quick Reply: stock evo vs stock srt-4