Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

i want an srt 4, help me make this thing a beast

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007 | 12:24 AM
Tani1500
|
Champion
Default i want an srt 4, help me make this thing a beast

well, my trucks become a, well, mess and i need something more reliable and i now have this need to go fast ones i tryed drag racing my truck.

i want to get a black srt4, obviously i cant leave anything stock so....

first off. is there anything i should watch out for before buying it? any common problems?

also, whats gunna be the best semi cheap good mods to do? i would like to find one with at least stage two already in it. i really dont know anything expept there sick cars and i want one so fill me in here guys!

Old 09-18-2007 | 10:43 AM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker
Default RE: i want an srt 4, help me make this thing a beast

[joking]

stage one is nice

an exhaust is nice

do you want to just screw around, or are you really serious about "racing"?

try to stick with an 04 or 05... not mandatory, but...

Old 09-18-2007 | 12:47 PM
Tani1500
|
Champion

lol shut up. i never though id really get into racing but now im seriously addicted so i guess u can say yea im serious about it. i need to keep it so it destroys my friends ****stang with all the mods hes adding and keeps his ford *** in his place. id like to start really getting into racing more. i was gunna just get a old musle car to race but then i figured, hey my truck sucks for daily driver so why not get a car that can do both

Old 09-18-2007 | 01:11 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

you looking at drag racing (legit at a track), street use (screwing around late at night with Johnny Law floating around), making the car do the back and forth (curves my friend, curves)???

Old 09-18-2007 | 08:07 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Stay away from any SRT-4 without a OCC in it, otherwise you're already behind the power curve..........

Dusty

Old 09-18-2007 | 11:23 PM
Tani1500
|
Champion

sorry for my stupidity dusty but whats that? i dont know almost anything about them

Old 09-19-2007 | 02:36 AM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

occ- Oil catch can

Old 09-19-2007 | 09:03 AM
Burnnout
All Star

It's basically a filter for blow by oil, trapping it before it reaches your intake.

Old 09-19-2007 | 12:50 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

if it doesn't have a cc just put one on. it's no excuse to not buy a car, that's really just kinda stupid. a catch can isn't REQUIRED, it just helps. i haven't had a cc on my car in two years.

i'm going to be honest here, and don't think of it as being rude, but i would honestly suggest buying the car and not touching a damn thing on it for at least a month if not two or three. an srt is not a truck (i know this, i have one of each). and srt doesn't drive like a truck. the torque doesn't feel like a truck. this is not a car that you can just jump into and drive like a bat out of hell, you will end up killing yourself that way. learn to drive the car, learn to drive it hard. take it to the track when you're stock. learn to launch. then worry about modding.

Old 09-19-2007 | 01:08 PM
Tani1500
|
Champion

no i agree with u, i dont think im gunna do anything for a month or so anyway because i wont have any cash. i just want to have a game plan set so i know what i need to work for and what i need to get depending on what the car already has. if i try to find one with stage one or two in it already, ( hopefully two) is there anything i need to watch for?

although dont worry about me with the racing thing, im not a stupid kid whos gunna get in it and kill myself. my trucks pushing almost 300hp to the rear wheels and ive dragged raced my friends T/A that runs a mid 12's quarter mile.

Quick Reply: i want an srt 4, help me make this thing a beast