Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008 | 06:16 PM
MEandmySRT
Professional
Default RE: battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls

ORIGINAL: MAssSrTdriven

UPDATE: the car had to get towed this morning to dodge, alternator is fried...if my computer was fried id be pissed i have a S3 in there but thats ok. 600 bucks after labor to fix this problem. downside....today napa says they are not paying the bill and that they have a policy that they are not liable for any mech damages...needless to say i was never told of this nor signed a waiver form...so i call the corprate HQ. they said theres nothing they can do about it..it is a private owned place however the HQ said they feel that napa store should pay my bill and to talk ot the store owner. so i will call the owner toomoorrow, now if the owner doesnt pay my bill i am to call the HQ back and tell them and they will see if there is anything they can do at that time to help me..im so ripped...im getting so screwed

i'd ask the owner at the napa store to show you a copy of the policy that states a jerk can walk up to your car, sabotage the electronics in your car bad enough to fry all the fuses and damage electrical parts...and still not be held liable for damages. even if they did have such a policy, you'd still probably have to sign a waiver of some sort first releasing the napa employees of any responsibility. good luck.

autozone ftw!!

Old 01-08-2008 | 06:22 PM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

they would also have to post it somwhere visible that they hold no resposibility if there employees hurt your car.... they cant just say that when they mess it up....you have an easy case

Old 01-08-2008 | 07:48 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

time to break out the camera before they do post a sign up. take before/after if they do. also, see if the dealer can say what hooking the terminals up backwards would specifically cause damage to. start building your case up now... as stated there may turn out to be a long battle ahead.

2 choices: the napa can just pay for the damages (600 bucks, right?)
or: napa can refuse to pay the damages, in which case you sue for the damages, inconvenience of being without your vehicle and getting it fixed and legal fees.and possible lose the 600 anyhow, plus your legal fees and maybe a couple extra bucks as well. not to mention their legal fees for defending the case. i know many times a business (or insurance company) will settle legal matters for a small amount. it would probably cost them 5 or 600 bucks in legal fees just getting a lawyer to defend the suit. just a thought

good luck, and keep us posted

Old 01-08-2008 | 09:40 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

UPDATE 2: called corporate yesterday, informed me to talk to owner. talked to owner today was suppose to have an answer for me tonight. talked to owner tonight beat me around the bush still never found out what really happened from his employee(s). suppose to call me tomorrow. meantime napa corprate superior management team called me today furious about my experience (not at me) with the store owner, was informed to call him back tonight gave me his home and personal cell number! left a message cus i think i called a little late. however he didnt say not to call late. so he will be getting in touch with me now tomorrow along with the store owner who said well im not working tomrrow but ill manage to call you sometime. i have a good feeling i will be seeking legal action soon. lets see 1 hour lunch break for a battery change, went back to work 2 horus late..monday morning missed another 2 horus of work to have my car towed to a dealership cus i broke down running off battery...hmmm been without a car a couple days, so i need a rental and towing fees. court fees and repair costs..they do not want me to push this to that point im sure but im so beyond p*ssed off..not ANYWHERE in the store is it posted about them not being responsible, not to mention i enver signed a paper or waiver so guess who will easily win this case....ME god im ripped..ill send another update soon...

Old 01-09-2008 | 01:04 AM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

dont forget punitive damages!!!

Old 01-09-2008 | 09:31 AM
Burnnout
All Star

What they are telling you is BS.....if a tech. here ****'s up a car... it's not the customer's fault.

As far as the PCM being damaged... most car manufactures but a safety relay ran backwards in-line with the pcm to prevent damage to it....... the most common things to blow is going to be your main fuse, your alternator diodes, and your radio fuse.....just a fyi.

Old 01-09-2008 | 01:24 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

it would not hurt anything at this point to consult withan attorney. many times in a civil suit, your attorney dosent get paid unless you win (they takea percentage). if you talk to a few and find one that youll work well with, have the attorney start making the phonecalls... the owner may take you a little more seriously. but actually hiring a lawyer is a decision to be made carefully.

Old 01-09-2008 | 04:53 PM
srt4ever
Veteran

I really...really, hope this thing works out, and you can avoid court...what a mess, I do not envy your situation[:@]and hope it is taken care of ASAP!

I would be mad as a hatter too my friend!!!![:@]

Old 01-09-2008 | 06:48 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

I would take pictures of the place to show that their stand point for not being responsible is only verbal and also look on the back on any documents taht they gave you for them doing the battery installation. Glad to hear that the corp. is actully upset and gave you some numbers to get ahold of them. Hopefully the owners calls you and pays your bill. Let us know

Old 01-09-2008 | 08:29 PM
MAssSrTdriven
|
Professional

UPDATE 3: so the owner calls me today tells me some good and still bad news. i guess as stated above about the inline fuse is true! the fuse popped on the green line that runs in our electrical systems i believe to the starter..anyways that fuse blew saving my alt and computer. dodge did however check the entire system..now replacing this fuse and line cus the line melted..costs a little over 200..so the owner of the store tells me his son "manager in charge that day" said not one person was outside with me replacing this battery, and they dont normally even put batteries in. so the person who installed the battery lied to save his job along with the owners son! now on the other hand my mother and her boyfriend stopped at the store because they saw my car and said to me what are you doing i said well this guy just hooked my battery up wrong and the person turned to them both and flat out said it to both my mom and her boyfriend...so as i forgot to mention this before i will have WITNESSES in my court case. he said he wanted to pay half i pay half and have no hard feelings and to think about it and call him tomorrow. i just laughed and hung up. now i will be calling corporate back then calling a lawyer. then calling the owner and let him know im turning his offer down cus i shouldnt even have to think about accepting that. so lets see...4 hours of missed work, never getting a rental car and having to bum rides from people for the last 5 days.., hmm replacement red hose, court fees, uhh the list goes on..new update will be posted soon.....

Quick Reply: battery light on dash is on!!!! help pls