Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Blue Lights 4 Instrument panel

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
srt4rez
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Blue Lights 4 Instrument panel

Does anyone know which lights are the best to use on the instrument panel for switching to bright blue lights? I've seen some SRT-4 owners on the internet that have them. That includes their boost gauge. And the last question is how do I change the color of the boost gauge without breaking anything, including the instrument panel? Thank you very much!!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

the boost gauge is just a light bulb on the back that you pop off and put in a new one.

the dash gauges are easy if you have a 03/04, it's just a 921 bulb . if you have an 05 good freaking luck lol.

just take the dash off and you'll see how to do it. it's literally pulug and play and can be done in about 20 minutes.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:17 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Will the boost gauge come right off as it is? No screws to play with? With the dash...are you referring to the whole dash or just the instrument panel?

Old 10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

I have an 05 and I did it to mine, You have to pull the top of the dash off, there is a screw on each side and 2 in the vents and then it just pops off. then you can pull your cluster out For mine i used blue leds that I had to rig to make work, but it works just fine. There are 2 scews that hold the boost guage on

Old 10-10-2008, 04:04 PM
srt4rez
Professional

Mine is an 04, how did you rig up the blue lights in yours? I know pep boys have some blue lights that might work...maybe I might just have to mickey mouse some lights like that? Tell me how you did yours...thanks!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

if you have a 04 it's easy. just take the dash off and the instrument cluster pops out. look on the back of it and you'll see led's there. just pull out the old ones and put in the new ones. just be sure to test it before you put everything back together again as the led's are polarized so they only work in one direction.

this should help http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f123...u-want-237728/

it's really very easy, it took me litterally like 20 minutes to do mine.

i ended up taking the blue out of the gauges, you can't see a damn thing when they're that color. i swapped out the blue for white led's in the boost and oil pressure gauge and it's a lot better imo.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:49 PM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

I did it along time ago, but i think I had to break the light bulbs and put the led wires in the broken bulbs and make them touch the connectors. I bought the kit off ebay for like 20 bucks and it came with instructions. and PSI is right its hard to read the boost guage when its blue. But it looks good and it matches my radar detector, my deck, and my oil pressure guage

Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

you can also go to www.ByVampDesign.com they have the whole kit and have different colors to order from, I used their kit and it looks great.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:09 PM
srt4rez
Professional

I was looking around and saw some neat lights on spectrumled.com. They might have some lights that are more brighter that can be used. Check it out and see what you think.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:35 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

http://autolumination.com/srt4.htm

I have the 5WLED Matrix kit and my lights are insanely bright and evenly lit. I can see them perfectly at night. Oh and they are 194 bulbs for the Instrument cluster and boost gauge and 74 neo-wedge bulbs for the HVAC. If you buy the Neo-wedge bulbs off Byvamp you will end up with wires hanging off the end of the bulbs. If you buy them from autolumination off the bottom of the link I provided, then you will have them already in the plugs and ready to install (much easier IMO).

Here are shots of mine:

Quick Reply: Blue Lights 4 Instrument panel