Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

'04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005 | 11:54 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion
Default RE: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX

Ummm what place did the STI get in the last SCC issue? I dont believe it did to well w/ its AWD did it? LOL And what'd the srt 4 have? Stage 2? HEHE in the rain... lets not forget to even pull the horizontally opposed engine out of an sti u have to tear the whole front end off the car. Mods wise Im sure srt-4 will compete in HP for Hp as well. budget ? im sure the srt-4 owns it in the budget race. How much does an sti weigh again? Whats the highest Horsepower u've seen in a Street driven srt4? Prolly, a bunch of dumb q's but anyone w/ money can make a car fast. But as far as similarities in the two go wrx vs srt-4 your better off comparing it w/ something else in its own class. But srt-4 vs wrx stock comparisson =srt4 the winner.

Old 07-14-2005 | 02:09 AM
coyoteyz13
Veteran

I am not bashing STis at all. If I had the money, I would of bought one. Try racing one from a stand still. It will kill an SRT 4. All I want is a little respect for the SRT.

Old 07-14-2005 | 06:47 PM
black4
Record Breaker

im still trying to figure out how that guy convinced himself that he was racing a stage 3 srt 4 and walked it like that i think we were all being fed our daily allowance of bs.[sm=bs.gif][sm=bs.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-15-2005 | 05:34 PM
t0973mf
Professional

I had a nice WRX for lunch last weekend. I'm already doing 70mph when here he comes flying up on me trying to pass. By the time I kick it down he's at my door going around me. I start catching back up. I see him shift to 5th right before I do (ever notice 5th gear feels like warp speed just kicked in?), then I pass him back just as fast as he passed back by me. Doing 150mph by that time and she was still pulling pretty good. Had to slow, traffic up ahead. Nice brakes also. By the way, Thats stage 2 w/o toys.

Old 07-16-2005 | 12:24 AM
black4
Record Breaker

cant go that fast here to small.

Old 07-16-2005 | 05:20 AM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker

Had a "WRX experience" today. I was rolling up to Montgomeryville today and a very sharp looking blue rex with a carbon hood, spoiler and all sorts of graphics pulled up beside me. I jumped the light a little and started the wheels skipping in second(believe me - in HOM it happens), but didn't really hit it much.

He pulled up at the next light and had his window down this time. I told him it looked good and what did he have done (I also saw pillar mount guages...). He said stage 2 and a bit. I said "nice I bet it moves..." -he retorted in kind, and seemed cool...,anyway, I didn't launch it at the green light to see if he was going to go and I heard it chirp a bit and spool, so I hit it just as he started to get to my bumper.

Stage 2 vs. stage 2. I was surprised, even waiting until I heard him, he never passed my bumper. I short shifted 2, 3, and 4 by a bit and still pulled two or three cars ahead. I heard his car blow off each shift and I think he was gunning it hard. He waved as I turned off and tooted the horn.

If we ran a full quarter and I nailed it from the start i would have beat him by a good margin - at least 4-5 car lengths, maybe more. I thought they were supposed to be pretty potent. I guess my little skittle really is fast.

Old 07-16-2005 | 10:00 AM
black4
Record Breaker

ive seen that sg2 kit for the wrx it just about brings it up to stock srt levels of power my friend had it on his.

Old 07-19-2005 | 11:10 PM
avengermike

some of u have said u drove both these cars and we all have mixed fillings on which one is faster, some may have driven both, but i have owned them both and we all know when you own it you lets say drive it like u stole it. i have an 04 sti now and i have played with many srt-4, i started off with a srt-4 and wasnt happy with anyhting about the car but its power, so i got my sti. i have raced many srt-4 with stage 2 and stock, like u all say top end the srt-4 comes out other wise nothing thats with me on 7psi. now im running 14psi with AEM CAI, Turbo XS BOV, 4" DP, blitz cat back with cat. with this combo only two neons have beat me, one with stage three and nos, intake, exhaust and one with a 20G, intake, exhaust, running 20 psi on 119OCT. Have to say altho i paid more i would do it agian. it will all be over after i get it tuned.

Old 07-19-2005 | 11:33 PM
avengermike

this is where someone said an srt-4 took a cobra 4.6l stock they put what like 275hp down, ur right doesnt say svt or does it say the srt-4 had mods even with my 390 stock power i ran a 13.1. had it dynoed about a week ago with my mods and and now im putting down 440hp with macthing TQ, ill look for that stage 3 srt-4 and try to cacth it on vid. he does have nos now and he beat my sti. ill let u know how it goes down fig with u saying hes putting over 330hp with mods nos should get him up their.

ORIGINAL: Neonsxt

actually i have saw that scenerio played out quite a few times....my buddy (who just totaled out his car recently) smoked an STI slightly modified and an EVO slightly modified... and when his car was stock he kept up with an STi only losing to him by about 2 car lenghts maybe....dont get me wrong hes a great driver considering when his car was stock he ran a 13.6 in the quarter when the book says the pros could only get a 13.8 out of it....but still...if you are a very good driver you could take the STI.....oh and also he ran out on a few cobras as well 5.0's and 4.6's

Old 07-20-2005 | 01:17 PM
t0973mf
Professional

I'm confused. I thought STi's put out at least 17psi stock. You say it's 7 and modified only 14 psi. Either I'm wrong, you were mistaken or just plain BS'n us and you don't have nothing but your mouth to run. Which is it.

Quick Reply: '04 Srt-4 vs '05 WRX