Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004 | 04:02 PM
dustyloins
|
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default SRT-4 Alarm

Forgot to mention that I also asked the service manager about the alarm on the SRT-4. He said they could activate it if I wanted it, but that I would HAVE to use the key fob/remote everytime I unlocked the door. If I used the key to unlock it, the alarm would sound and continue until I started the car. I'm old fashioned and use my key 99.9% of the time...

Old 03-02-2004 | 07:46 PM
andybuzz2u
Default RE: SRT-4 Alarm

Thats not all. IF it starts honking you have to use the key fob to shut it off. Mine won't even let me start it with the key in the ignition, just keeps honking. Wonder what happens if you loose the key flob......

Old 03-02-2004 | 08:18 PM
dustyloins
|
Hall of Fame Member

I asked him that too...you gotta buy a new one and they have to reprogram it....more hassle...[:'(]

Old 03-02-2004 | 08:57 PM
doof432
Veteran

does every SRT come with this alarm, or is it an added feature?

Old 03-02-2004 | 09:26 PM
dustyloins
|
Hall of Fame Member

They all have 'em but the dealers for whatever reasons usually don't activate them. There are instructions on other forums (srtforums.com - Sorry Amanda!) for doing it, so there is really no excuse for this lack of dealer prep. Maybe there were too many complaints from people who had lost their 'fobs"...

Old 03-03-2004 | 01:21 AM
doof432
Veteran

Thanks alot it was on that forum. Here is what it said so that if anyone else wants it, they won't have to go look for it.
It looks like you will have to go to the dealarship to do it, but they said you should NOT have to pay for it. Print this out and take it to them in case they don't know what you are talking about.

here are the directions for the tech to activate the alarm:

Connect DB3 to car located inside the car near hood release up and to right 3 inches. It is a white serial port.

Put DBR3 into to "Stand Alone 98-04"

Once in "stand alone 98-04" go to "security"

Once in "security" go to VTSS

Once in "VTSS" go to "misc"

Once in "misc" go to "configure"

Once there change "RKE" to "VTA"

NOTE: There is a choice in the programming where it will ask you if it's a "PL" or "PT" body type. We chose "PL" and it worked fine. If you choose "PT" the trunk will pop open when you unlock the doors.

Old 03-03-2004 | 02:08 AM
dustyloins
|
Hall of Fame Member

10-4 on that "not having to pay for it"....since it was part of the car to begin with, that's a rip off! Why pay for dealer ignorance or laziness? Make them work for a living! We do!
[sm=smiley7.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley15.gif]

Old 03-03-2004 | 02:19 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Thats OK, I'm gonna get an aftermarket alarm so that it also has the shock/vibration sensors. The most important is the theft protection, but with the factory alarm they can still break the window and steal stuff out of it, as long as they go through the window and don't open the door that is.

Old 03-04-2004 | 12:56 AM
dustyloins
|
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, I need the same thing since I keep a cell phone and a radar detector in my SRT-4.
There's an auto shop down the street offering a tint and alarm job for $149...I'm going to check them out

Old 03-04-2004 | 02:45 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

Hell yeah! That sounds like a pretty frickin' good deal to me, as long as they do quality work and the alarm is a good one. I really need to get mine tinted. The dealership botched the financing, so I have to go sign new finance paperwork in the morning. If everything is good to go after that, then I'll have to make a tint appointment.[sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Alarm