Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Mopar Performance Stages 1, 2 & 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 07:40 AM
black4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Performance Stages 1, 2 & 3

just ordered my stg3 and the main reason i went with this kit is because i like things simple and mopar is fire and forget no fuss just plug and play.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:25 PM
TurboPowered
Veteran

How hard is the stage 2 install with the Turbo Toys, is it possible to DIY if you have some decent car knowledge?

Old 04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

it's very doable yourself. mopar made the directions so simple that it's written for those that haven't a clue, so if you have basic automotive knowledge you're good. be prepared though, it will take some time. expect a good 4 hours for the toys install alone your first time at it.....

Old 05-05-2006, 01:38 AM
black4
Record Breaker

also helps to have friends that have a good knowledge of wiring and work for beer.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

^was my question as well... was looking at stage 2 or 3 but i am what you would call mechanically challanged. how much would someone charge to install this?

also, it says that it MAY void warranty... but WILL it?

NO PARTS WARRANTY
Mopar Performance parts are sold "as is" unless otherwise noted. This means that parts sold by Mopar Performance carry no warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, such as warranties of merchantability, are excluded. (An implied warranty of merchantability means that the part is reasonably fit for the general purpose for which is was sold). The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition. The addition of performance parts does not by itself void a vehicle's warranty. However, added performance parts (parts not originally supplied on the vehicle from the factory) are not covered by the vehicle's warranty, and any failure that they may cause is also not covered by the vehicle's warranty.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:02 PM
joprout

I just ordered the Stage 2 through Chrysler dealer ship but unfortunatly the bastard order the Stage 1 and now he's telling me that he can't cancel it and I have to stick with it. My question is, when they say that the PCM gets flashed, do they mean that the plug a wire in to the PCM and with a laptop they set the proper config? or do they change the whole computer?

If I have stage 1 is it less expensive to get stage 2?

Thanks

Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 PM
bigham
Veteran

they screwed up and you have to settle for less i wouldn't they need to fix there screw up stage 2 is a different set up then stage one so it will not be cheaper

Old 09-13-2006, 02:00 AM
Phillips8201
Rookie

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

Nope you dont have to do that at all.

You can just buy Stage 2, install it and head on your way.

I resently purchased an 05' SRT-4. I'm not sure where I'm going to start but this question may help me. I've been researching the Mopar stage kits and from what I've read you have to purchase the stage 2 and the stage 3 to get everything as it don't look like you get everthing in stage 3 that is in the stage 2. Is this correct?

Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 PM
huero3000

I have a question... Say if you install Stage 1,2 or 3 on your SRT-4. Will it still pass the smog test? I'm in California so I was just wondering because people tell Yes and No...

Old 05-06-2007, 10:23 AM
srt4sparks
Professional

ORIGINAL: huero3000

I have a question... Say if you install Stage 1,2 or 3 on your SRT-4. Will it still pass the smog test? I'm in California so I was just wondering because people tell Yes and No...
if your so worried about smog ask arund some of the tuner guys that get the hookup on the low about passing emmissions. Remember its not what yaknow its who yaknow too.

Quick Reply: Mopar Performance Stages 1, 2 & 3