Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

BOV=POS

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005 | 02:15 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: BOV=POS

You may have stripped the threads inside the turbo housing itself while trying to put that bolt in. Im sure you guys have hardware stores over there that sell "tap and die" sets. Little things that look ALMOST like a drill bit that come with an extension, and they "re-tap" the threads of a hole the same size or larger so that the threads from the bolt will kick back in.

Old 09-29-2005 | 02:28 AM
Olie70
|
Professional

We are lucky to have electricity here!!!!! [sm=forgetit.gif]I am hoping smaller bolt will fit snug after POS is removed and I can get her back to the states....only have about 1 month left here....HHHHAAAAALLLLLEEEEUUUUUAAAAAHHHH[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-29-2005 | 02:50 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

No dont put a smaller bolt in the hole, if its stripped the bolt will only fall out. Just hold off as long as you can until you can get a tap and die set. Its better that way. At least its done right.

Old 09-30-2005 | 03:01 AM
Olie70
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: LilSparkPlug

No dont put a smaller bolt in the hole, if its stripped the bolt will only fall out. Just hold off as long as you can until you can get a tap and die set. Its better that way. At least its done right.
How about thread tape??? Might be awhile until I can properly secure nut......[sm=confused06.gif] I cannot leave POS on there with one nut missing, feel kinda safer if POS is off and try top bolt, with thread tape if needed......[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 09-30-2005 | 07:50 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

If the threads are pulled out, you only have three choices.

1. Throw it out! LOL
2. Helicoil
3. Drill and retap to a larger size OR, try a slightly longer bolt, there may be some threads left lower down in the hole.

Old 10-03-2005 | 02:15 PM
Olie70
|
Professional

Well.....the BOV is off....With what I have to work with, can not get out the broken bolt....so.....
With the half a bolt that is left, I put a nut on top and one on the bottom of bolt to secure it for now. My friend has some ideas as how to get it out, but he is away on leave.....and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! The car runs so much better...almost effortlessly, like when I first got her and before the BOV..It has much better response at partial boost and at full boost (17psi dropping to 15-16psi) no more "gague flutter"...It was installed correctly, I just think I got an unevenly cut one, my sensor piece went on flat, no gaps like when it was installed on the BOV. My "Ghetto Nuts" are holding until I can get a real bolt in there to hold are doing the job....And thank God no more "WHOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I am NEVER messing (except the broken bolt) with those friggin' bolts again!!!! Left hand all sliced up from reaching under heat shield.....But I am happy, finally get to see what Stage 1 REALLY does....Thanks everyone.....

Old 10-03-2005 | 07:19 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Drill the bolt out, thats usually the easiest way.