Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

BOV=POS

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005 | 12:17 AM
Olie70
|
Professional
Default BOV=POS

Anyone know if the $18.00 or so blow off blocker plate they advertise on let's say Modern Performance will replace the stock piece removed when installing the BOV=POS??? Want to go back to stock, I really want to Deep-Six the Blueplate special.....any info is appreciated.

Old 09-29-2005 | 12:48 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: BOV=POS

That block off plate is used if you have a UPP pipe and are attaching the blow off valve via a flange to the cold side of the intercooler.

The Mopar BOV installation requires no removal of anything...it just goes in between the stock surge plate and turbo housing. So if you want to ditch the Mopar BOV which is what I think your asking, just remove it and reattach the Surge plate to the turbo housing.

If not...im confused.

Old 09-29-2005 | 12:52 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

yeah your post is kinda all over the place but i think lil got it right with what your asking. all you should have to do is just remove the mopar plate and put the surge valve back on.

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:00 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Yeah thats what I thought he meant.....lol we're both lost. TIME FOR BED!

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:12 AM
Olie70
|
Professional

No, I think you just made my day.....I was on duty one night and my friend decided to install BOV=POS (sorry, kinda catchy) and in the morning when I got off duty, he said it was "done" Okay, just was too tired to ask if any parts (I keep ALL my stock stuff) were left over....found the little gold nutz that were replaced.....about a week later, I asked if there was anything else, and he replied "with what???" OOOOKKKAAAYYYY.....I was kinda ticked that he tinkered with my car, I am a Noobie with turbos, he was supposed to assist me, show me the ropes with it....(then I found out how hard the bolts were to get at, and let it go hehehe) I thought there was a thinner piece that was replaced....There are NO other SRT's in the area to pop hood and compare.....That is excellent news, though....can finally rid myself of the curse.....in another thread, told of me snapping top bolt on POS and no difference in performance.....I am gonna remove that Friday afternoon.....will post on Monday the difference with/without....right now with, MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!
Once again PiccoloPlug, Grazie'

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:17 AM
Olie70
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: Gump

yeah your post is kinda all over the place but i think lil got it right with what your asking. all you should have to do is just remove the mopar plate and put the surge valve back on.
Yea sorry about that, 10 hours into a 12 hour watch.....seein' ddoouublee....Thanks though

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:22 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

No problem. Glad we could help. The little blue riceplate doesnt do much other than make noise. With/without it you wont notice any difference other than a quieter "let-off" of the gas. Good luck.

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:34 AM
Olie70
|
Professional

I think I get a boost leak from it....In fact, 98% sure......will see when I take it off......I know alot of people love the sound, but If it does present boost leaks....I know I would rather have more power (no leaks) than the sound (WHOOSH)...Definitly do not want to loose to any of the wanna-be Fast and Furious crowd here in Italy (not that I have yet) But if I have an off day, and the BOV robs me of some boost, ultimatly h/p and T/Q, that would $uck.....I also hear alot of people who have one ride in a friends car and say "WOW what a difference....their car is stock and all I have is the Mopar BOV.....yadda yadda yadda....I mean if I can help someone else who is on the fence on taking it off or not....honestly, would have taken it off months ago if I knew there wasn't any thing to put in the Blue plates place....I know, should have asked....my bust.....but once again, you guys RAWK!!!!! Thanks.

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:40 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

If its not secured properly, and the gasket isnt working to its potential (i.e. no rips tears, and sealed tightly) then yes you could get a boost leak from it. Absolutely.

But all 3 bolts must be in place, the gasket must be on the turbo housing side, and the plate must be installed properly. I used permatex hylomar hpf when I installed mine, and Ive never had a leak even once. Its on there like glue.

Old 09-29-2005 | 01:55 AM
Olie70
|
Professional

Yea, something was wrong....the top bolt just kept turning and never would become tight....the left and right were tight....I finally got a Wratchety Wrench (oneside like a wratchet, other regular) and kinda over tourqued bolt and SNAP....It just never felt right....In all honesty, I was kinda disapointed in S-1..I installed S-1 on the next day, didn't really get much driving in from BOV install to S-1 install. Like I mentioned earlier, will let people know Honestly and Unbiased if car returns to "monster form"!!!!!!!!