Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Ordered the Stage 1 today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004 | 10:14 AM
dustyloins
|
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Ordered the Stage 1 today...

Same here......

Old 05-24-2004 | 04:33 AM
byebye
Veteran

I won't bother there.

Old 05-25-2004 | 01:56 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

I wouldn't say don't bother- these guys are right- there is a lot of good info over there, but over there it's definitely better to just read than to post. Then you can just be on the outside of the crap rather than in the middle of it.

Old 05-25-2004 | 02:26 AM
byebye
Veteran

True...

Old 05-25-2004 | 04:34 AM
andybuzz2u

One thing is for sure you will enjoy the added power of the stage 1. my self i just had them burn the current miles onto my s1 when i got it. I can't think far enough ahead, esp 4 -5 weeks. No telling were i will get the bug to go or do, or do nothing and drive my truck.

Off topic on the other "forms" watch what you read its not all the gospel over there. I have seen some people do some stupid stuff and pass it on, and then they turn around and do it to there srt-4 and they post about it blowing up or catching fire, most recently is andersons 500+ plus whp car. You can't just bolt on a bigger turbo and not expect something to give. My personal saying, "nice suit, didn't up grade the nikes i see."

Old 05-25-2004 | 10:51 AM
glhs837

Now, andy, first off. The miles are irrelevant. Both my Stage 1 and Stage 2 PCMs had maybe 200-600 miles difference from when I ordered them to when I installed them. No issue or problem. When I took my car in for a WOT stumble, the day before I installed Stage 2, me and the tech went through with the DRB, the only thing showing was the P0633 code. which I explained to him.

One quick side note on used Stage kits. The reflash process does away with the "Stage code". No P0633 for used ones.

Now about the SRTforums. I don't blame anyone who does not like it over there, but I would like examples of what you are talking about. Steves entire point, which was described many times, was to deliberatly find the limits of the stock motor. He never said "Do what I'm doing and your motor will be fine" He knew for the start that the motor was going to blow, that's what he was shooting for. Unless you can produce anything to back up your claims, leave him alone, he at least is furthering the car. He is now building a stouter block and will be taking the power levels higher. The second engine he blew was another stocker. He's got the money, his choice. But it's not from ignorance, it's something called "testing to destruction".

Now, about the "catching fire" thing. Care to elaborate please? Be careful though, if it's what I think, you will come off looking like a fool.

Sorry about this small hijack folks, but I cannot let him spew bull. If I'm wrong, I will apologize.

Old 05-25-2004 | 12:47 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

I can not claim to these events that you speak of (the 500+ stock motor or burning things)... but I can say that the other forum from time to time is much harder on ignorance or lack of knowledge from people. Just from my viewing... but remember, this "other" site did give excellent technical data on turbos (which was taken from Hot Rod magazine, but they still posted it! which was excellent!) as well as other information. Anything you read on a forum, here or there should be taken with a grain of salt and analyzed... example - on a different post I have asked about changing the side marker light covers... and I was given a nice explanation for it... but I am going to check it out first to make sure what I was told was correct and makes sense... (and this isn't against the person giving the advice... I just don't trust people I'm not NOT going to just start unscrewing things and hacking away at it without checking it out first... same thing with my oil catch can... I did more research on it to see if it made sense before running out and cutting up my PCV line grain's of salt people... anyone with an opinion or idea can type...

*leaves the podium for the next speaker... the crowd applauses?* hehe

Old 05-25-2004 | 01:11 PM
glhs837

Oh, there is NO mercy to be found there, on that I will agree. Even if you are right, or make sense, it means nothing, the pig pile will commence Me, I'm okay with that, but I can fully understand that some folks are not.

Me, "Logic is my sword, reason is my shield, and facts are my armor, bring it on", is my motto

Old 05-25-2004 | 01:22 PM
andybuzz2u

ORIGINAL: glhs837

Now, andy, first off. The miles are irrelevant.......

Yes they are, i had them flashed for 900 and had 1900 on it when it finally showed up.

Now about the SRTforums. I don't blame anyone who does not like it over there, but I would like examples of what you are talking about. Steves entire point, which was described many times, was to deliberatly find the limits of the stock motor. He never said "Do what I'm doing and your motor will be fine" He knew for the start that the motor was going to blow, that's what he was shooting for. Unless you can produce anything to back up your claims, leave him alone, But it's not from ignorance, it's something called "testing to destruction".

Yeah thats the point, do you know how many people followed him and what he was doing, then posted bad things on the srt-4 because they blew it up. NOBODY builds a motor to blow it. I don't care how much change you got in the bank. Think the big names in the NHRA makes any money if there mechanics are "testing to destruction" there cars? Hell no they want it to stay together as long as possible. They blow up under normal wear and tear assosociated with the sport and extreme demands placed on them.

Now, about the "catching fire" thing. Care to elaborate please? Be careful though, if it's what I think, you will come off looking like a fool.

Well do a search over there. A guy posted that he picked up 15whp by REMOVING the turbo heat shield, yeah you know the one. Two other people did the same thing and posted pics of there car's, which had burned to the ground. Because with out the shield the turbo cooked the firewall and burned the wiring behind it and, flash you got a fire! Even one said it was his AGP upgrade turbo that he thinked caused it.

Sorry about this small hijack folks, but I cannot let him spew bull. If I'm wrong, I will apologize.

Then apologize. I will be waiting.

Old 05-25-2004 | 01:53 PM
glhs837

How am I wrong? Show me that and I will gladly apologize. Your statement was,

1) "I have seen some people do some stupid stuff and pass it on, and then they turn around and do it to there srt-4 and they post about it blowing up or catching fire, most recently is andersons 500+ plus whp car. You can't just bolt on a bigger turbo and not expect something to give. My personal saying, "nice suit, didn't up grade the nikes i see." "

So unless you can produce evidence of Steve Anderson saying "Do what I've done and your car will never blow up" or point out exactly which "My car caught fire" thread you refer to, you are still spearding bull, as before. You have a bad taste for that site, thats fine, but lying about it or the members is something I won't let pass.

Prove your words or back down, it's that simple. We have done this before, remember.

Quick Reply: Ordered the Stage 1 today...