Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Should I sell?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:10 PM
05SRTStage3
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I sell?

Ok I have talked about in an earlier post about the problems I am having with my 05 SRT. I also have had many other problems. I have had a major oil leak at 4k and a replaced boost gauge at 8k a new front axle at 9k new motor mounts at 13k and I believe that I have a Valve ticking. I have a Stage 3 and I am not sure that it will be worth it in the long run. Now that my warranty is voided although I was told that it would not be. I can't continue to pay for these problems that I shouldn't be having. I only paid 19,500 NEW. That was after fees and taxes. And it is worth 17 something now. Serioulsly considering selling.......00 SS camaro is what I'm looking at if I sell.......

Old 09-10-2006, 07:34 PM
moparman04
Captain
Default RE: Should I sell?

i love my car and couldnt imagine selling it.. but i also dont have any problems.. sounds like a tough decision! my vote would be no

Old 09-10-2006, 09:37 PM
yorksrt
Rookie

the 00 SS camaro- a beast of a car- probably won't have a warranty either. then you'll want to spend money on a cam, some new heads, exhaust, etc. either way you go money will be leaving your wallet, quickly. that sucks to be having so many problems, but at least it's cheaper to maintain. the SS has twice the size, twice the sparkplugs, wires, injectors, etc. that's a tough decision to make. a cheap car breaking all the time, or an expensive beast to maintain? good luck

Old 09-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Four Banger Anger
Professional

If I leave my srt in the near future I will be looking for 1994-1998 twin turbo supra, or the evo if it comes to canada. Anyways I have had a **** load of problems like yourself. I have 54,000km and needed a new clutch, front brakes, stock wastegate, fuel pump, plugs, and now a new tranny under warranty. Also got some bushing replaced under warranty, but i know how you feel about the car...when it runs great and no problems all is good. Right now the car runs great(except tranny will be in next week) otherwise I been through alot since buying it used....probally wouldnt ever buy used again though especially since the car was leased before[]!!!

Jordan

Old 09-10-2006, 11:40 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

You could always fix up the SRT-4 and put it in storage. With the performance and limited numbers built, it's probably going to increase in value and you can always pull it out and take it for a spin when you get bored........

Dusty

Old 09-11-2006, 12:30 AM
05SRTStage3
Professional

That is right and no the camaro doesn't have a warranty but it does upgraded exhaust...borla....and upgraded suspension and the payments will be less I can't afford to make payments on my srt and the camaro so I will have to sell my srt.....I don't know if I will even get the camaro that is just what I want.... Thanks for all the help and different opinions I just have alot to think about............

Old 09-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Nicky B
Captain

If you decide to get a camaro make sure it has the LS1 not the LT1. The 00' SS had 305HP and the 00 corvette had the same motor yet 350HP so to get that extra 50HP its all in a custom tune for a few hundred bucks. Then the exhaust, headers, and a cold-air intake you are deep into the 12's with slicks.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:05 AM
05SRTStage3
Professional

Yeah it is the LS1 I already checked and yeah I will get it tuned I think that is already tuned and has 330 its not completely stock.........But I LOVE MY SRT I want to keep it but I don't think that it would be the best in the long run.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:11 PM
whatneon
Professional

almost picked up an 00' ss vert but i needed something to go in the snow and a real back seat is nice too.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:57 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

I'm pretty sure all the Z28 and SS Camaro's '97 and up have LS-1's. Just think about gas money, maintance, insurance and prices of parts. I think the SRT wins in all categories. Although Camaro's are fuggin sick! My friend has a stock Z28 that run's 13.5's...I think that's pretty cool. I can't wait till he starts modding...it's gonna be a monster!

Quick Reply: Should I sell?