Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

NGK Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 01:34 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NGK Plugs

I've had stock champions...yeah they sucked....NGK Iridiums and the 4306s.

My car LOVES the 4306s compared to the Iridiums. I have them gapped close, and the car is happy. I spend 9 bucks every other oil change, rather than spending 50 bucks on stupid plugs that I don't need.

And Ive never heard of ANYONE having a problem with the 4306s

Old 10-24-2006, 08:00 AM
talisman
Veteran

I'll have to reserve judgement on my $30 for the 4 NGK Iridiums. Since I only drive 3,000 miles a year I'll be happy if they last 3-5 years. I'll let you all know then.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 AM
talisman
Veteran

Someone, earlier in this post said "to each their own",,,,,,,,,,,,,,how true that is. We can talk about spark plugs until we're blue in the face but we're gonna do what we're gonna do just because that's who we are.
We don't follow the conventional "wisdom", hell, we bought a Neon when everyone say's Neon's are a POS. We know they are SRT-4's though and we say "damn" the naysayers.
I'm not rich by any means, but I bought the NGK Iridiums because I could. I'll decide how they work in the car. I bought an aftermarket "bling" catch can rather than go with the conventional $20 OCC because I could.
Hopefully I won't be buying spark plugs every other oil change, I'm guessing that would be every 6,000 miles since that would indicate one of two things to me, either I'm buying the wrong plugs since they are breaking down after 6,000 miles or I'm repairing / replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. Rule # 1, I learned as a Technician 30 some years ago is "don't fix what's not broke", you'll just screw it up !!!

Old 10-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Burnnout
All Star

lol ... I agree with talisman.... but thanks for all the info ~

Old 10-24-2006, 11:40 PM
vaughn
Captain

ive been using autolite extreme performance irdiums for several month nows with no problems

Old 10-25-2006, 12:11 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: talisman

Someone, earlier in this post said "to each their own",,,,,,,,,,,,,,how true that is. We can talk about spark plugs until we're blue in the face but we're gonna do what we're gonna do just because that's who we are.
We don't follow the conventional "wisdom", hell, we bought a Neon when everyone say's Neon's are a POS. We know they are SRT-4's though and we say "damn" the naysayers.
I'm not rich by any means, but I bought the NGK Iridiums because I could. I'll decide how they work in the car. I bought an aftermarket "bling" catch can rather than go with the conventional $20 OCC because I could.
Hopefully I won't be buying spark plugs every other oil change, I'm guessing that would be every 6,000 miles since that would indicate one of two things to me, either I'm buying the wrong plugs since they are breaking down after 6,000 miles or I'm repairing / replacing parts that don't need to be replaced. Rule # 1, I learned as a Technician 30 some years ago is "don't fix what's not broke", you'll just screw it up !!!
Well said. What works for one person doesn't always for another person. A lot of this has to do with the hype in which auto "performance" products are sold. If you watch the drag races on cable TV every Sunday AM, you'd swear that a bottle of such-n-such additive will get a beautiful girl to climb in your car......or make your car as fast as a AA Fuel Dragster......

A ton of R&D went into the developement of the SRT-4. I generally prefer to stick as close as possible to the original design of the car which is one reason I've stayed with Mopar parts except for the front STB and plug wires. The closer you keep it to original specs, the longer it will last in most cases........playing Dr Frankenstein will only shorten the service life. But if you're looking for a throw-away car, do what you want to do.........

Dusty

Old 10-25-2006, 07:55 PM
talisman
Veteran

Vaughan, that sounds like a new thread, we can discuss the pro's and cons of Autolites. We have NGK's covered now,,,,,,,,,lmao

Old 10-25-2006, 08:54 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

Autolites... made by Honeywell if I recall...

Don't get me started... ha-ha...

Vaughan, you make me sad... you should have asked, I would have sent you some NGK's!! and stickers!!! ha-ha

Old 10-25-2006, 09:23 PM
vaughn
Captain

i got three sets of ngks here the auto store napa has them....i just decided to try the autolites......im on the 5th set of spark plugs and my car has 15000 miles.... i had a hesitation problem so i keep changing plugs..... i think stage 1 causes some hesitation on its own?.. thats what i read. as i remember..... anyways the ngk are pretty cheap

so its not a big deal... thanks for the offer Jeremy thats nice of you

Quick Reply: NGK Plugs