Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Name callin!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007 | 03:49 PM
SRT4NEWBIE
Default Name callin!

Since I purchased my SRT4 ive been called a: Skittle Racer, and Skittle Boy.

What the heck were those guys talkin about. One guy was a volvo owner, and the other guy was drivin an entry level porche. Both of these guys i ran across getting gas. (premium fuel and my damn lead foot = ouch).

Someone tell me where the skittle comment comes from so i know if i should be offended or not.

Old 01-24-2007 | 04:02 PM
bigddy9
Record Breaker
Default RE: Name callin!

Don't be offended. It's just a nickname given to our cars. Alot of SRT owners refer to their own cars as skittles.

Danny

Old 01-24-2007 | 04:15 PM
redevil
All Star

lmao.....i love that nickname.Don't be alarmed when they call you ricer....it's the price we have to pay for having the fastest cars under 20k!!!simele next time

Old 01-24-2007 | 04:35 PM
SRT4NEWBIE

Where did it come from, how did it start?

Old 01-24-2007 | 04:52 PM
redevil
All Star

lol...dunno man.maybe because our cars come in yellow, blue, orange, red,black...much like skittles, and are round looking.That's just my guess.Go on an evo forum and ask....they'll tell ya!!and maybe rip your head off!!!!

Old 01-24-2007 | 05:21 PM
SRT4NEWBIE

Lol man is it easy to get those guys fired up. I only asked them if they had any idea how that naming trend started. Im peacefull, i didnt even talk about my car at all i just asked them if they had any idea where a certain nickname came from lol. You wouldnt beleive the hatefull spewing, or maybe you would.

Old 01-24-2007 | 05:39 PM
redevil
All Star

lmao..you actually went and asked????lol...yeah they hate usreally bad.Some are cool but you know how it is.I know some pretty stupid srt4 owners too....it runs in every family.Just don't be immature and always give thumbs up when you race, it don't matter if your racing a dude in a freaking scooter..always respect and you'll get the same back

Old 01-24-2007 | 05:58 PM
SRT4NEWBIE

I was at lunch today, guy in a black srt4 pulled up next to me at the light. I was like hey bro... would you be willing to...... and he rolled his window up on me. So trust me ive had my first run in with an *** srt4 owner. I was only gonna ask the guy if he would be willin to pull over up ahead and chit chat for a while. I was thinkin maybe he had something i could learn. I sure hope there arent more like him around here. Theres another silver one around here, hes the one who talked me into buying mine. Sure wish i could find him again.

Old 01-24-2007 | 06:10 PM
04blksrt
Veteran

where r u from?

Old 01-24-2007 | 06:26 PM
SRT4NEWBIE

California untill i was 19 then i moved to florida and ive been back and forth a couple of times. Im kind of nomadic, in fact if i hadnt gotten married i would probably be back in california already

Quick Reply: Name callin!