New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello from Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:22 PM
chris101
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Alabama

I currently live in Mobile alabama, but I am fom Oklahoma origionally. Served 4 years in the marine corps and got out for a year adn a half, Joined the coast gaurd 12 years ago and havent looked back. I work on the H65 dolphin helocopter ( well I dont work on them anymore. i direct others) Just bought my first dodge since my 1979 power wagon short narrow that I had years ago. Bought a 99 extended cab 2500 short bed with a 5.9 gas motor. Gotta do some work to the rear end, but otherwise its a straight truck. Hope it turns out to be a good one. I have been a chevy man all my life, but chevy doesnt offer a sold front axle anymore. So I am giving mopar a try. I am a motorcycle guy, I ride alot ( FJR1300) I teach motorcycle safety classes for the MSF on weekends .Anyway Howdy.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Chris, welcome. I myself was a Ford man for quite some time, I think you're going to like that Ram, except for the visits to the gas station . I used to be a motorcycle guy, got a Concours rotting away in my garage which I never seem to have time to ride since family life came my way. Anyway, I would like to go to your class. If nothing else it would be a reason to ride.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Chris.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 AM
chris101
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaded
Hey Chris, welcome. I myself was a Ford man for quite some time, I think you're going to like that Ram, except for the visits to the gas station . I used to be a motorcycle guy, got a Concours rotting away in my garage which I never seem to have time to ride since family life came my way. Anyway, I would like to go to your class. If nothing else it would be a reason to ride.
I used to have a Kawasaki COncours, I rode teh wheels of it, Mine was a 2002. Had alomst 110K miles on it when I sold it. I miss it sometimes. We should get togewther sometime and ride. I live in Semmes on the west side of mobile.

Quick Reply: Hello from Alabama