New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello from Alabama

Old 07-25-2009, 11:22 PM
chris101
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Alabama

I currently live in Mobile alabama, but I am fom Oklahoma origionally. Served 4 years in the marine corps and got out for a year adn a half, Joined the coast gaurd 12 years ago and havent looked back. I work on the H65 dolphin helocopter ( well I dont work on them anymore. i direct others) Just bought my first dodge since my 1979 power wagon short narrow that I had years ago. Bought a 99 extended cab 2500 short bed with a 5.9 gas motor. Gotta do some work to the rear end, but otherwise its a straight truck. Hope it turns out to be a good one. I have been a chevy man all my life, but chevy doesnt offer a sold front axle anymore. So I am giving mopar a try. I am a motorcycle guy, I ride alot ( FJR1300) I teach motorcycle safety classes for the MSF on weekends .Anyway Howdy.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Chris, welcome. I myself was a Ford man for quite some time, I think you're going to like that Ram, except for the visits to the gas station . I used to be a motorcycle guy, got a Concours rotting away in my garage which I never seem to have time to ride since family life came my way. Anyway, I would like to go to your class. If nothing else it would be a reason to ride.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Chris.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 AM
chris101
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaded
Hey Chris, welcome. I myself was a Ford man for quite some time, I think you're going to like that Ram, except for the visits to the gas station . I used to be a motorcycle guy, got a Concours rotting away in my garage which I never seem to have time to ride since family life came my way. Anyway, I would like to go to your class. If nothing else it would be a reason to ride.
I used to have a Kawasaki COncours, I rode teh wheels of it, Mine was a 2002. Had alomst 110K miles on it when I sold it. I miss it sometimes. We should get togewther sometime and ride. I live in Semmes on the west side of mobile.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hello from Alabama