New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Sn|per
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

Yes I guess Im the NEWist So far I'm Charles from Ft. Worth TX. 35 Yrs Old and On my Second Dodge so Far.

I like the Friendship that seem to come from Everyone on the Site its Refreshing to See people that are not Jellious and Petty with their knowledge. I have Read several of the Forums and Posts, and I am Impressed.

I look forward to Swaping (Stories & Pic's) with everyone

i have a 99 Ram 1500 i am Looking to MOD the "Heck" out of it... I have a Friend that has a Cav with a Sunfire Front end on it and he is Going to Be helping me alot. Ive Started on Repainting the Interior, and eventually the Truck will look SHOW Quality when im Finished...

im looking forward to Feedback as well as Some Ideas....

Old 05-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Memaxie

Hello to all the regulars out there!! Just signed on about a week ago and I love the site. I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT. I have done some awesome things to the already awesome ride. I installed an AFE cold aie intake, the flash Superchip, Taylor 8mm racing spark wires, Powerstop drilled rotors and pads, and lastly some pretty cool looking after market 20's. I have already gotten some great tips about my truck and offered some advice. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Challenger_7

Hi all.

Yes I am new to this site and got my first (pleasant) shock at seeing a nice lady heading such a muscle forum

I love collecting classic cars and get involved in restoring them, but never had except one muscle car (73 351C Mach 1). See my collection listed below.
Two weeks ago, I saw my latest beauty being offered for sale as well as a rare 71 Trans Am 455 HO, which I grabbed immediately. I did so because I love these cars, but only few days back, I started learning how rare and valuable they are.

Can someone help me find leads to production numbers relating to the 71 Challenger, parts vendors etc, as I want this babe to look its best. It is already in great shape, but I think some cosmetics have been changed.

Thanks

My current collection: 61 Merc 190b,62 Merc 180c, 62 Merc 190SL, 98 Merc ML320, 99 Merc A160, 28 Ford A, 66 Mustang coupe, 66 Mustang Cabrio, 73 Mustang Mach1, 56 Desoto Fireflite, 61 Rolls Royce Phantom V, 96 Nissan Pathfinder, 96 Jaguar XJ6, 04 Jaguar XJ8, 71 Trans Am 455 HO, 71 Challenger 388 Magnum Conv.

[IMG]local://upfiles/34827/97E093DD936B41399B94D8317DF9DAA2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-10-2006, 06:05 PM
gearheadgirl

I am new to this website as well. I am not new to owning a Dodge. I am currently on my third Dodge. I recently purchased a 2005 Hemi Durango LTD. I LOVE it. I can't tell you how much I love it. My first Dodge was a 1998 Stratus. I put 17" niche's on it. That was big then, not true now. I owned a 1999 Durango LTD. I didn't care much for it. It felt like a truck to me. While I enjoy trucks, I didn't want to drive one everyday.

I am 31 years old, married and a mother of 7 (3 biological, 4 step) kids. I haul my three around daily (14 year old girl, 2 year old fraternal twin boys). I have owned a variety of vehicles. My first car was a 79 Cutlass. My aunt wrecked it and so I got another. My parents took the 350 out of it because they knew, even then, that I was a gearhead! Its in my blood. My dad owned a 70 Mustang Fastback with a 302 AND a 70 Mach 1 428 Cobra Jet. So needless to say, my love is Mustangs. I then got a 87 Cutlass with a 307. It was sharp. Turned many heads in my single days. Then moved to a 88 Blazer that was lowered (the right way). It was raked a little and had pearl over white paint. I then got a 93 Olds Achieva. HEY, don't laugh. I needed the gas mileage. I then got a 89 Beretta. OK, I have a good excuse. I went through a nasty divorce. The ex left me with all the bills and the kid. They came and got the Acieva back (not like I cared). I had to buy something cheap. It was a good car. I remarried and my husband had a 89 Mustang LX convertible. It was tricked. I drove it because he worked out of town. We traded the Beretta in for the 98 Stratus mentioned above. I then got a 2000 Jeep grand Cherokee. BIG mistake. Tranny went out at 20,000 miles. I was livid! I did some research and traded it for a 2001 Mazda 626 LX. It looked good. Don't laugh! We nicknamed it Timex because it was wrecked 4 times by my husband and it just wouldn't die. Then we began the pleasure car adventure. We had a 94 GT that had a custom paint job. We sold and got a 96 GT. That thing was slow. 1 pass at the local drag strip and I told my husband to put a for sale sign on it. We sold it 2 weeks later. We had a 90 LX with a 93 Cobra motor. We sold it and got a charged 00 GT. Sold it and now have a charged 94 Cobra. OK, back to my daily drivers. I got the 99 Durango and my husband started driving the Mazda to work. I became pregnant with the twins and decided after my belly was so big that I could climg UP into the Durango or DOWN into the Mazda that maybe I needed something more sensible. I entered what I refer to as the dark years. I bought a 04 Chevy Venture. Yes folks, a mini-van. I don't know why they are called mini. Nothing about them are mini! For two years I drove it. The first year wasn't bad. I was still high on being a mommy after 12 years since the last one. It was when they switched from baby seats to upright seats that reality hit me. Everyday was torture. That is what it is when a car nut had to drive a mini van. So on March 15, 2006 I got a Hemi. I hadn't intended on buying something like that. The salesman spent enough time with me that day that he knew I would love it. I laid into it as I left the parking lot. I drove 1 block and brought it back and told my husband it was MINE. I had to have it. I get guys looking at me all the time. "Its not a real hemi"! I answer politely, "you are right. Its not the 400+ hp, flathead torchmonster from the 70's, but its still a Hemi. Plus, I drove a van for two years and this thing is a top fuel dragster to me." Just call me Gary, Gary Scelzi, that is. I too was glad to see a fellow female leading the forum. I know I often get looked at like I am stupid or don't know what I am talking about. Truth be told, I know more and have been exposed to more than some guys my age. I enjoy cars. I like drag racing. I like watching drag races. I like car shows. I like driving different cars. I look forward to making my Durango mine with my own personal touch. I also look forward to bieng a member of this forum. FINALLY, a place where a girl can let her hair down!

Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Daytona_Day

Newbie here.. Well to this site..

My little story..

Was looking for a new Mini-van for the wife, noticed this huge silver truck, wife said lets drive it.. I said nah.. (currently had a tahoe z71). She talked me into it. It was a tona, didnt know anything about Daytona's or dodges for that matter. Loved it.. Ended up buying both 05 Dayton and 05 Grand Caravan on the same day..

Ive been frequenting rumblebee.org and dodgetalk.com. So all my pics are at those locations..

http://www.rumblebee.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=9260

Old 05-12-2006, 10:52 AM
fLA
Rookie

hi to all...

sorry I did miss this part.

My Name is Flavio , I´m from Portugal (Europe).
I´m a Newbie in this forum.. and all that concerne American Cars.
My interrest in Dodge.. is all because of the release of the Caliber and officialy the Viper in all Europe now.
I´m almost an Caliber diesel version (manual gearbox) owner... lets see whats happen.

thanks already for the answer to some of my inquiries at the Caliber section.

regards,

fLAVIO

Old 05-18-2006, 09:20 PM
textech

newbie 2 forum but not cars been turning wrenches 4 11 years trained by ford started new job and had a dodge neon dumped in my lap.99neon cust wanted srt motor stuffed in it ,thats no biggy need 2 no where my vacuum lines go for turbo ,its aftermarket,customer bought of ebay manual boost control . i kno i can run vacuum 2 hks bov from vac supply from after tb but not 4sure about wg and turbo and can i get rid of tip sensorplease let me kno

Old 05-19-2006, 12:42 AM
McCready6569

Hey all, Just joined about a week and a half ago but have been busy with the New to me ram i got almost 2 weeks ago. Its an 03 ram 1500 QC with the 4.7( i opted for the hemi but gas is wayy to much for a 16 year old(me) and the 4.7 hasnt been a dissapointment). The truck is silver with painted bumpers and brand new 20 inch chrome wheels courtesy of Galeanas dodge because the original wheels were pitting. This past weekend i had a flowmaster 40 series super delta flow muffler installed along with custom 3 inch aluminum tubing coming straight out the back with dual stainless tips. I have some pictures of before the exhaust but have nooo idea how to post them(could someone please help) and i just spent the past 30 min searching on how to do it but was left empty. For future mods I plan on putting a K & N cold air intake, tonneau cover, halo projector headlights, window tints, and hopefully a nice stereo system. But for now i just have to worry about paying for my gas lol. Amanda thats cool to see you live right in shelby twp., i live right off of 26 and mound and i am currently going to eisenhower high school. Well anyways ill get some pictures up if someone can tell me how to post them... thanks

-Nick

Old 05-19-2006, 01:06 AM
hotmagnum05

WHAT'S UP GUYS,

JUST BOUGHT A 2005 MAGNUM AND WANTED TO SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE!!! I WILL PUT UP PICS SOON!! I AM FROM ALEXANDRIA, VA AND WANT TO MEET ANYONE IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS, HOLLA BACK!!

Old 05-19-2006, 07:58 PM
rudy

Hi to all
i'am a newbie living in France, thanks for all e mails i got since 3 weeks
i bought my Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab Hemi 5.7 Short Bed in march 2006, i'am very happy with it , its my first very strong 345 hp, i'have done a transformation for the engin it rules with gasoline and GPL gas, when i rule with GPL their is no differance in power of the engin
I have big problemes to buy accessories for my Dodge here in France
I want to buy: My Wishlist : DUB-air Dodge Ram stainless steel cold air intake system,OEM Dodge Ram wheel to wheel tubular nerf bars or Willmore Dodge Ram stainlees steel wheel to wheel nerf bars, OEM Dodge Ram One -Piece Fiberglass Tonneau Cover and Seat Cover Harley Davidson
I saw them on the site of AUTO TRUCK TOYS.com
I don't no if they ship to France
Thanks Dusty
I was already looking by Ebay but nothing for me

My wife is spending some days at New York for her work, she works for AVON, she is very happy to stay at New York, every day she looking for a store for buying accessories catalog for all these beautiful Pickup, she will come back Monday
Regards Rudy

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself