New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 04:12 AM
heavyduty1983
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Hello my name is Joshua Allen and since im in this forum it must mean i am a n00b. I have used this site multiple times for help but have never really had a chance to register and say thanks to everyone who has helped and there was so many of ya'll so thanks to everyone.

I drive a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport, loved it from day 1 and still do! I named her Cheyenne! She is my everyday driver, (until i get my 2009 challenger when it comes out ), and i like to think she is quit the head turner. Ive modded and accesoried it so much not much left is stock.

True dual exhaust, Performance built 318 (threw a rod in the stock 1 lol), heavyduty brake system, accesories like 22 inch chrome rims, halo led headlights, smoked taillights, neons, light bar, custom sound system, in dash screen, tinted windows, bed cover, train horn, and lil bits here and there. Im gonna let ya'll in on a lil secret i love my truck, so i tend to brag without knowing it so feel free to tell me when i go overboard.

Well anyways im glad to be part of this forum. I did find a couple posts i can aide some help in which makes me feel a little useful.

[IMG]local://upfiles/89815/D93CE76A15024FD7B94A894C7AC8A41E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Josh!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 05-14-2008, 05:09 PM
myredgt

Well hello everyone! I guess I should have posted here first, yes? I came over from mustangforums as I like most vehicles, including Dodge, and was just tryng to expand my knowledge.

- C

Old 05-14-2008, 05:22 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 PM
andrew64
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

ok so this is where I get t say HI
Where to start. I just bought my first dodge. I have been a Chevy owner since I was 16 and thought I would try something new and man Iam glad I did. I traded in my 01 chevy silverado 1500 for a 08 dodge quad cab 1500 SLT 4x4 w/ 5.7L hemi (love this dang hemi) and the color is Sunburst Orange. The dealer had fun trying to find one. But if your going to pay money for a good truck you ask forand getwhat you want.
As for me the owner Iam in the United states Coast Guard. I have lived all over and love protecting our coutry. I have served in Iraqi once and will be heading back for my secound tour. I willmiss my truck and my wifethats for sure.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum, Andrew!! Enjoy the site!! I'm a retired Air Force Master Sergeant (21 years) and a Vietnam and Desert Storm Vet. I know what you're going thru!!

Dusty

Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 AM
RamRoddin5.7
Default Sup Sup?

Just grabbed my first full-size pickup.
Its an 05 ram 1500 SLT 5.7L short bed single cab RamRod.
Im a total noob to truck mods etc and would appreciate any help at all as id like to turn this into my first real project of a vehicle.
For now my main concerns are improving intake and exhaust and prolly a hard cover after that for gas mileage and looks and maybe some suspension work to improve drag if that even works? Does lowering improve MPG at all?
Basically i want my truck to be as efficient as possible and fast as possible on the highway, its not going to be an off road truck.
Any suggestions? I heard a custom dyno tune is better than picking up a performance chip anyone agree/dissagree?
Anyway, nice to meet you guys hope to get to know ya better and let my new ride grow along side yours and in front of all yr eyes.
Heres a pic to get to know my ride a bit better. This is almost exactly my truck minus the spoiler in the back and mine of course is not n sr10 but its identical looking otherwise except mine is raised higher in the back because of the slt pkg and the 22"(i think) rims:

EDIT*** OOPS! Almost forgot - the whole reason im here in the first place really. I tried to pickup some coolant for my ride today but had some trouble finding what i needed. What do you guys with 5.7 2005 1500's like to run for coolant?
Also, is it common for a big truck like this to burn thru coolant rather fast? like 1/5 tank in maybe a month?

Thanks!
-RamRod

Old 05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
mezzoitaliano

http://dodgechallenger2008.blogspot.com/

hey guys, this is a link to a new blog that I wanted to start about the return of the Dodge Challenger.
So please log on, post comments, watch the videos, and enjoy everything that the blog has to offer.
Hope to see some of you on there soon

Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM
mezzoitaliano

http://dodgechallenger2008.blogspot.com/

Hey everyone...I wanted to start a new blog about the return of the Dodge Challenger.
So log on, watch the videos, enjoy the pictures, leave some comments, and lets build on the discussion.

Thanks. Hope to see you on there too

Old 05-16-2008, 04:41 PM
dustyloins
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Sup Sup?

Welcome to dodge Forum!! Enjoy the site!!

Dusty

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself