New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 AM
panama63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for some suggestions.

Hi. I am a Mopar nut and I have an idea for using an Intrepid 3.5 eng/trans to build a mid-eng vehicle. What I am looking for is suggestions for a suspension. I am looking for something that I can take as an assy that will retain the suspension geometry. I don't want something with struts. I am willing to do some fabrication for suspension components, but I would like to keep it to a minimum. Ideally it should be a type of double wishbone suspension. My vehicle is going to be fairly light so I don't need something very heavy-duty. If anyone is familiar with a vehicle that may have something like this, I would appreciate the info. I hope to start this after I finish the '82 1/2T short box that I am customizing. It will be shaved, slammed and have a convertible hardtop. It has a mild built 318, O/D 4spd manual with 3.55 8 3/4 posi. I look forward to hearing everybodies comments and ideas. Steve.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:13 AM
ChavezOG

Hello, just joined. Former F150 owner. Love my Dodge.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:17 AM
m.fra

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Welcome to DF Julia! You are on the stepping stones to becoming a part of the community. You have done your first step by joining Now just be social, lol Enjoy the site
Thank you lghtngblt02!

and warm welcome to all newbies.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Soshallbuterfli

Hello Im a newbie, I love dodge rams! Ive owned 3 so far with no problems til this little one i ran across now, but ill get it fixed no biggie. Just thought Id stop in and say Hi!

Old 03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
oldestofsixbrothers

I guess i fall into the 'newbie' category. Toyota just bought back my tacoma cause its frame was a peice of crap, so i went back to my roots and got a DODGE! planning on making some adjustments and upgrades to my new baby, being that it was a 60 year old fella that owned her before me, and everything on 'er is stock. Already got started by yanking off the "grandpa" cap haha

2004 Dodge Ram 1500
4.7L V8 5speed 4X4
reg cab, 6ft bed

Old 03-21-2009, 12:18 PM
BostonDodga
Default Hey whats up!! Newbie here

Just a quick hello to everyone here. Im a DIY guy so ill help out with whatever i can and thanks to everyone sharing there knowledge! THANKS ~JAY~

Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 PM
dakrt99
Default Hello Everyone...

Hello everyone...my name is David Gatlin. I own a 99 Dodge Dakota R/T. I found out about your forum by talking to a guy at Advance Auto Parts. I am wanting to fix my truck up to the way it was when I got it. So, he suggested I jump on this forum. So, here I am...

Old 03-22-2009, 10:04 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ChavezOG
Hello, just joined. Former F150 owner. Love my Dodge.
Originally Posted by Soshallbuterfli
Hello Im a newbie, I love dodge rams! Ive owned 3 so far with no problems til this little one i ran across now, but ill get it fixed no biggie. Just thought Id stop in and say Hi!
Originally Posted by oldestofsixbrothers
I guess i fall into the 'newbie' category. Toyota just bought back my tacoma cause its frame was a peice of crap, so i went back to my roots and got a DODGE! planning on making some adjustments and upgrades to my new baby, being that it was a 60 year old fella that owned her before me, and everything on 'er is stock. Already got started by yanking off the "grandpa" cap haha

2004 Dodge Ram 1500
4.7L V8 5speed 4X4
reg cab, 6ft bed
Originally Posted by BostonDodga
Just a quick hello to everyone here. Im a DIY guy so ill help out with whatever i can and thanks to everyone sharing there knowledge! THANKS ~JAY~
Originally Posted by dakrt99
Hello everyone...my name is David Gatlin. I own a 99 Dodge Dakota R/T. I found out about your forum by talking to a guy at Advance Auto Parts. I am wanting to fix my truck up to the way it was when I got it. So, he suggested I jump on this forum. So, here I am...
Welcome all to DF! Glad you all are a part of the site now!

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 03-22-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:15 AM
jodymae
Smile Hi there!

Hello everybody! I'm a lady from Philippines, new member.
Dont know bout car-wise but it fascinated me how people here r helping each other..I'd like learn new things nd be part of this wonderful forum.
God BLess!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF Jody! even if you dont know much about cars or trucks you are still welcome We have an awesome Off Topic Section as well Enjoy

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself