New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 08:29 AM
R/Tona
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Richard, (reshepman),

Welcome to the boards! I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I have some things from my fathers '73 D-200 that you may be interested in, although some items may be cost prohibitive to ship to Aberdeen from my area.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-s...ml#post1646611

This thread lists most of it, but if you need something that's not there, shoot me a PM or give me a call and I'll let you know if I still have it.

At the time I bought my '87 Ramcharger, I too, was looking for a '70's version with the removable top. I couldn't pass up the '87 for the condition and price.

Happy hunting!

Old 04-28-2009, 11:36 AM
SBChevPowered
Default Greetings

Hi, I just stumbled on this site today and this is my indroduction! Helloooooo Out there!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Well everyone, I would like to WELCOME YOU ALL!!! Thanks for joining, and I hope you all find what you are looking for Enjoy the site and dont be afraid to ask questions or what

Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 PM
LRSRAM1500

Just joined the site after I picked up a 09 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 CC a couple of weeks ago. Had been drooling over the new Ram's for awhile when I finally pulled the trigger. The new design of these trucks is amazing...I love driving this truck.

Attached Thumbnails  If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself-dscn0344.jpg  
Old 04-29-2009, 07:50 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by LRSRAM1500
Just joined the site after I picked up a 09 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 CC a couple of weeks ago. Had been drooling over the new Ram's for awhile when I finally pulled the trigger. The new design of these trucks is amazing...I love driving this truck.
Welcome to DF LRS! Beautiful TRUCK! Looks pretty sexy!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 AM
grannygears
Default Newbie

Hi all, I'm the proud owner of my first Dodge, a 1994 Dakota SLT. I love this truck! After many, many years of being a Chevy truck owner, my daughter's Intrepid sold me on a Dodge motor.

I'm here because I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue. I could tear apart a '65 and put it back together but these newer vehicles with all this computer controlled crap give me a migraine.

My Dakota, after starting instantaneously for months, wouldn't start one morning. The engine turned over but it never even attempted to start. Half hour later, hit the key and vrooom... like usual. No other symptoms and no further problems for about three weeks.

Yesterday, it just died in an intersection and wouldn't re-start. After cranking and waiting, and cranking and waiting, it started, ran for a minute and then started missing like wild and stalled again. It was towed home.

I looked for broken wires (to the best of my ability with my old eyes), loose connections, etc and didn't find anything. I hit the key and it started right up. I held it at about 2 grand and seconds later it missed like wild and then ironed out. Drove it one block and it started missing again, backfired once and stalled.

I checked for codes with the check engine light and all I get is code 12, Direct battery input disconnected from PCM in the last 50 key cycles.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions, insights, tests for what is going on?

Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Bigheadly
Talking Cheap oem accessories!!!

I'm just a dodge parts guy with some accessories to sell, full list coming soon.....otherwise, i'm jered, nice to meet y'all

Attached Thumbnails  If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself-jeredforpresident.jpg  
Old 04-30-2009, 04:18 PM
orion20001
Default Newbie

Looking for lots of info, I am restoring a 67 Dart GT convertible. Will post lots of questions soon. Hello to all.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Originally Posted by grannygears
Hi all, I'm the proud owner of my first Dodge, a 1994 Dakota SLT. I love this truck! After many, many years of being a Chevy truck owner, my daughter's Intrepid sold me on a Dodge motor.

I'm here because I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue. I could tear apart a '65 and put it back together but these newer vehicles with all this computer controlled crap give me a migraine.

My Dakota, after starting instantaneously for months, wouldn't start one morning. The engine turned over but it never even attempted to start. Half hour later, hit the key and vrooom... like usual. No other symptoms and no further problems for about three weeks.

Yesterday, it just died in an intersection and wouldn't re-start. After cranking and waiting, and cranking and waiting, it started, ran for a minute and then started missing like wild and stalled again. It was towed home.

I looked for broken wires (to the best of my ability with my old eyes), loose connections, etc and didn't find anything. I hit the key and it started right up. I held it at about 2 grand and seconds later it missed like wild and then ironed out. Drove it one block and it started missing again, backfired once and stalled.

I checked for codes with the check engine light and all I get is code 12, Direct battery input disconnected from PCM in the last 50 key cycles.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions, insights, tests for what is going on?
Welcome to DF Granny! Well it sounds like the typical, ignition wire corrosion. Check out this 1st Gen Dak FAQ Thread Theres some common problems in there! Good luck and let us know how ya make out! For more info and the 1st Gen Dakota Community, check out the 1st Gen Dakota Section

Originally Posted by Bigheadly
I'm just a dodge parts guy with some accessories to sell, full list coming soon.....otherwise, i'm jered, nice to meet y'all
Welcome to DF Bigheadly! Glad you joined and you are a parts accessory guy, just make sure you stay within the DF Site Rules and what not, or join our vendors list. If you would like more info, just PM me Thanks and enjoy!

Originally Posted by orion20001
Looking for lots of info, I am restoring a 67 Dart GT convertible. Will post lots of questions soon. Hello to all.
Welcome to DF orion! I am sure you will find what you are looking for here

Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Big Chief D

Hey. Name's Chief. Just introducing myself. I joined up because just this week I became the proud owner of a first gen 98 Durango SLT with the 5.9 lit. only 150,000 on the thing not a spec of rust.

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself