New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 PM
snotrx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site

Hi there, just registered, looks like a cool site. I'm pretty pumped, just ordered a new Ram last Sat. and was told that it may come in as a 2010 for the same price depending on when it's manufactured. The dealer inventory levels are pretty tapped out since they idled the plants down.
I am replacing my 06 Ram and just love the new one, can't wait.
Anyone know if the trailer tow capacity is lower with the new one? I ordered the 3.92's but it does have the 20" rims (so does my 06).
Cheers,
Craig

Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM
matted2thefloor

'Nother new guy here...from South Carolina. Registered lastnight, so here's my "checkin' in" post. Currently have a 2004 Durango SLT AWD HEMI and we LOVE it! Just installed the OEM VES. Soon to be installing the OEM towing hitch! Bought a wrecked 2004 D that gave me a few good parts for mine! Need anything for a D?

Any way, glad to be a member...

C ya'll 'round!!
Garry

Last edited by matted2thefloor; 06-27-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Guy

Hello All,
Just signed on here. I have a red SWB 03 Dodge Ram 1500 SXT-Hemi I bought new. The truck is a lot of fun and I like playing with it, but keep getting side tracked with motorcycles, grand kids, retirement adventures and life in general. The truck is a base model with a hemi. I've installed a charcoal Larmie suede/leather interior, oem fog lights, color matched cap, oem class III hitch, flowmaster dual exhaust (SRT10) style, SC 3865 tuner, 08 20" SLT rims w/285-50 Coopers sport, K&N 77-1533 air filter, 2" drop shackles, headlight upgrade (suck), silicon wipers (several times) still suck. Future plans include drop spindles and rear spring work. The truck is quick and would like to get some 1/4 mile times to prove it. Like everything else "it just takes effort & time". Anyway, I'm always looking for advice and or recommendations on mods that improves the overall driveability of the truck. So let me know if you have something that works.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF Snot, Matted, and Redtruck!

Hope you enjoy the site. Sounds like you guys have some nice rides or in the process of getting a better ride Do any of you have pictures? Dont be afraid to post em

Old 05-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Ram2ndGen
Default Another One

Hey guys,
I'm freshly registered and own a 2002 Ram 1500, 4.7L 4x4 Quadcab and treat it like my baby. I just came into the truck a year ago, but have been a fan of them since I was younger. My dad drives a '06 cummins 4x4 TRX4 that I absolutely fell in love with, so of course I had to follow in his footsteps!

The first month I owned this truck, I was in Kodiak, Alaska and my wife hit some black ice and ended up parking my truck on top of a guard rail. No doubt if she would have been in a car she would have plowed right into it and died, but the dodge was a champ and bent the railing forward and popped on top of it. My front bumper was bent in, and the truck was sitting on its nerf bars over the side of a cliff. We got the truck off the guard rail and it still drove around like a beast. I had to wait a year until I moved off of the island to get it fixed, and get it fixed I did. This truck has some *****. I'll add pics ASAP. I wish I had some before and after pics, but she looks better now than she used to!

Thanks for having me,
Gary

Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 PM
ZipsMagnum

Hello Forum! Glad to be apart of the real deal. Just bought a 07 Magnum and love it. SXT model...does me proud and keeps me smiling.
I would like to enhance the look a bit...to set me apart from the crowd a tich. Anyone got any solid links for me to visit to get some ideas?
thanks one and all.
Zip

Old 05-31-2009, 12:01 AM
grannygears
Default Stopped back to say thanks!

I popped in here a few weeks ago when I was having trouble with my first gen Dakota. Thanks to the great tips from lghtngblt02 I was able to quickly isolate and fix the problem.

Good call ! It WAS the infamous splice! Thanks for saving me a lot of time and potentially a lot of money! Without this Dodge forum I may have puttered around for weeks replacing parts that weren't bad.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Soldice

My name is Will I am 24 and just bought a 98 Durango
currently doing tune up and wondering what exhaust i should get?

Old 06-01-2009, 08:49 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram2ndGen
Hey guys,
I'm freshly registered and own a 2002 Ram 1500, 4.7L 4x4 Quadcab and treat it like my baby. I just came into the truck a year ago, but have been a fan of them since I was younger. My dad drives a '06 cummins 4x4 TRX4 that I absolutely fell in love with, so of course I had to follow in his footsteps!

The first month I owned this truck, I was in Kodiak, Alaska and my wife hit some black ice and ended up parking my truck on top of a guard rail. No doubt if she would have been in a car she would have plowed right into it and died, but the dodge was a champ and bent the railing forward and popped on top of it. My front bumper was bent in, and the truck was sitting on its nerf bars over the side of a cliff. We got the truck off the guard rail and it still drove around like a beast. I had to wait a year until I moved off of the island to get it fixed, and get it fixed I did. This truck has some *****. I'll add pics ASAP. I wish I had some before and after pics, but she looks better now than she used to!

Thanks for having me,
Gary
Welcome to DF Gary! Glad the truck and your wife are ok! I love my truck and its been as tough too

Originally Posted by ZipsMagnum
Hello Forum! Glad to be apart of the real deal. Just bought a 07 Magnum and love it. SXT model...does me proud and keeps me smiling.
I would like to enhance the look a bit...to set me apart from the crowd a tich. Anyone got any solid links for me to visit to get some ideas?
thanks one and all.
Zip
Welcome to DF Zip

Originally Posted by grannygears
I popped in here a few weeks ago when I was having trouble with my first gen Dakota. Thanks to the great tips from lghtngblt02 I was able to quickly isolate and fix the problem.

Good call ! It WAS the infamous splice! Thanks for saving me a lot of time and potentially a lot of money! Without this Dodge forum I may have puttered around for weeks replacing parts that weren't bad.
Glad I could be of help granny Thats what we are all here for help and to help

Originally Posted by Soldice
My name is Will I am 24 and just bought a 98 Durango
currently doing tune up and wondering what exhaust i should get?
Welcome to DF Soldice! The muffler depends on all what you are looking for, sound performance, etc

Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 PM
AZPGTECH
Smile New guy

Hello everyone i'm new to this site, i am a semi retired chrysler proving grounds employee and glad to be part of your site!

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself