New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
hendog0311
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello...new here and just wanted to say hi. Currently have a 08 Laramie Dakota 4.7 crew cab. Looks like a great forum with tons of info and helpful topics.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 AM
2stroke_bluesmoke

Hello, I'm Bill. I'm new to the forum. I wasn't bit by the Dodge bug until I got my '99 Viper. Now Mopar Rules! I have some older ram p/u's (80's and 90's). Nice to be part of this board. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
R/Tona

Originally Posted by cscoot03
Hey Crew, I have a 1987 Dodge Ram Extended Van. It has a 318 cu", with a 1 brl carb, it's an auto. It only goes 84 mph & I want to stabilize the suspension with air shocks & firm shocks in the front. I want to boost the motor. I need a voltage regulator right now & don't know where to get it. So if anybody has any ideas where I can get the info I need Please help. Majority of the work I will do myself. Thanks I appreciate it.
I may have some parts for you if you're interested. They came in a box with some other stuff that was in my '87 Ramcharger when I bought it.

There are some interior lights, one tail light assembly and a few other things. And I also have some voltage regulators lying around that I won't be needing. I'm not sure how to check their condition, but if you do and would like to try them, I can send a few your way.

We're getting ready to move and I need to clean up my garage.....BADLY!! I can figure up shipping cost to you for what there is and let you know. I don't want anything for the parts. Just cover the shipping though, if you'd be interested.

Tracy
NW Ohio

PS. For a new Regulator, you should be able to get one at any local parts store. I can't imagine why they wouldn't still have them available for sale anymore.
Also, it would probably be cost prohibitive to ship to you, but I also have a stock 4 bbl. intake from a small block. It was set up for a Thermoquad (or other spread bore carb.) I can weigh it and check shipping price for that as well, but I'd like to get a little $$ for that. Which, with shipping, is why it may be less expensive and easier for you to find one of those locally, or, unless you plan on an aluminum intake of some sort.

Last edited by R/Tona; 05-18-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added info
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
R/Tona

Originally Posted by hendog0311
Hello...new here and just wanted to say hi. Currently have a 08 Laramie Dakota 4.7 crew cab. Looks like a great forum with tons of info and helpful topics.
Welcome to the boards! You're right around the corner from me. I live a few miles east of Oregon, Ohio.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:40 PM
sweetsrt-10
Professional

Hey guys and gals....my name is roger i just signed up to hopefully get help where I can't in my other forum..I drive a 2005 Ram SRT-10 QC lightly modded...so far! look forward to meeting and getting good input from many of you on here!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 PM
raven12

hi i'm new in here and i have a 96 dodge ram 1500 slt and i'm having problems with it

Old 05-24-2009, 06:17 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Old Mopar Man

Hello everyone, my name is Jerry and I'm an old Mopar fanatic with a three month old 2009 SWB 1500 Ram. (first new truck in 10 yrs, and first Dodge since 1980) I'm just a low income contractor who spent everything I had to get this truck so there is no luxury to it. I couldn't afford any upgrades, but do have all the muscle, hemi, 392, oil coolers, tranny coolers, towing, etc. This was the only SWB hemi truck available here, but I liked it and jumped on it. It is blue and came with gray bumpers and single exhaust. I recently had chrome bumpers (dual rears) installed, and I am waiting on AFE's new Mach Force exhaust to arrive (back order). I can't seem to find anyone who makes the high flow catalyst converters yet, but will change them when they become available. I'm also searching for someone nearby who can reflash my ECM, or for a hand held Diablo to come out. I do not want to send mine off, and I don't think there is a hand held available for the 2009 ram yet. I'm so happy with everything about this truck, mileage, looks, ride, and most of all, the performance. I'll take some pics after my duals are installed and hopefully try to post them if I can figure out how. You all have some awesome rides in here, and I love the pics, and tks for posting them. l love Mopar, and now my first ever "true" love with a truck

Last edited by 1954Radio; 05-25-2009 at 04:21 AM. Reason: no luxury, I left out no
Old 05-24-2009, 10:51 PM
First_dodge
Default What's up!

Stopped buy to say Hi!. I just got a 2007 big horn 1500 a couple months ago. Not much of a dodge guy but I got a smok'n deal. I also have a 71 chevy that I am working on. Was a daily driver until I got the dodge. Any way I am here..... it's ok no one has to worry now!

Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 PM
ZigZagRam
Default First Ram

Hi all,
This is my first Dodge. I have driven many before when shopping for trucks and was never impressed. I have always been a "Ford Guy" but when I drove the '09 Ram I was converted when I put the hammer down. This thing has some serious power! Anyway, I am now a "Dodge Guy".

Zig

Last edited by ZigZagRam; 05-25-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:12 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Just want to Welcome EVERYONE to DF! Enjoy the site and any questions PM me or one of the other mods

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself