New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Aztlanahauc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If Your A Newbie, Post And Int

I am new...just joined today. Though I am only here for help for my family minivan. A 95 Caravan. My automotive love right now is a 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T

Old 09-03-2005, 03:01 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Two Ram owners and a Caravan owner....welcome to Dodgeforum guys!! So where is everyone located?

-Matt-

Old 09-03-2005, 02:08 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mudinyeri

Brand new member here. Just purchased a 2005 Ram Big Horn Edition with the CTD (pic below). I've been lurking here a while prior to my purchase and have found the forum to be very helpful in providing insight into the CTD's as this is my first.

nice truck! hope you have a good time at DF!

Old 09-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Sirdar

Newbie from Alberta, Canada. Just picked up a Silver 2005 Dodge 2.0 SX with convenience group, spoiler, 5-speed, and 15" aluminium 7-spoke wheels. Bought it primarily due to the "Employee Pricing" and fuel mileage. It is rated 48mpg(Can) hwy so hopefully can get somewhere in the 40's. At around $1.15/litre my truck was costing me a fortune to drive to work 80kms/day. It was costing me between $350 and $400 per month just for fuel. I am looking forward to reading what looks to be great info on this forum.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:15 PM
maria

Hi to all, I'm very new to this board. I must say that this one board does respond very quickly to your questions of similiar situations. I have a blk 2001 durango with silver ground effects. Have had very little trouble out of the car. Had my bumper painted(by my son) and a chip place fixed and painted also. Very good job! I keep my blk beauty spit shined. As soon as I get a picture to post I will. I've had 2 Dodge rams. My favorite one was the flame red one. I love that color, but when I saw my baby parked in the lot, I was drawn to it immediately and told anyone that would listen, this is the car for me. It will be a good one. So far she hasn't let me down. Have had some minor things checked out mainly for my peace of mind. Now as it would seem, I may have to replace the TPS sensor..Not a biggie. Good luck to all here and hey I have seen so many beautiful cars(of course they are a mo-par product)on this site. Chevy and Ford owners I know are very envious of us Mo-par owners..

Old 09-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Big_Bad_Woulf

I'm a newbie and damm proud of it. It was fate that brought me to this site and I think it's gonna be a great thing. From Albany, NY here. Ready to rock

I used to own a 2000 Dodge Dakota...big pain in the but for 6 years. Traded it in to get the wife a Kia. But God has blessed me with a '85 Turismo and I am going to have great fun with it.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:59 PM
rochesterGLH

Hi, everyone. Obviously I am new as well. Been raised around Mopars for all 27 yrs of my life, so they are my 3rd love next to my wife and daughter. Currently own an 86 GLH turbo (always has something wrong with it, but still love it. crazy fast), have a 99 Durango (has had problems too. Partners w/ my father on a 73 340 RR, 4 spd. Use to own a 98 Dakota (fast), 66 Valient 273 commando w/ formula S package plus a few others....

I have read some of the great info posted here, and thought it would be nice to get some first hand info for some of my own problems.

I am currently have a wierd acceleration problem that noone can figure out. Under normal driving condition my GLH skips everytime it hits 2800-3200 RPM. When accelerating hard, it does not do this. Also when cruising on the expressways, it constatly does it, so I either have to drive 55 or 85. Replaced computer, power module, alternator, battery, distibutor and cap, coil, spark wire, plugs, MSD box. Had all grounds looked at, just can't put my finger on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also is it a major deal to replace the Head gasket, and isn't it a thicker gasket. The old one blew last weekend.

Thanks and hope to here from everyone...

Old 09-14-2005, 11:29 AM
2avoid

HI I;M NEW . GLAD TO HERE. I HAVE A 04RAM WITH A 5.7. I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF SURFING TO GET AS MUSH INFO, AS I CAN.

SOME OF THE THINGS I'VE DONE 2.5/5.5 DROP,STREETSCENE FRONT BUMPER COVER,SIDE SKIRTS,REAR ROLL PAN, RUMBLE BEE HOOD,4'SS EXAUST,SRT KILLER SUPERCHARGER. NEXT IS TO INSTALL A 4 LINK REAR TO STOP WHEEL HOP. AFTER THAT SOME 22' WHEELS AND TIRES . WITH DOING ALL THIS MY SELF I'VE MADE SOME MISTAKES,AND GLADLY HELP ANY ONE DOING THE SAME THING WITH A RAM. I ALSO NEED MORE INFO, SO I'LL BE POSTING LOTS OF QUESTIONS. THANKS !!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 06:04 PM
ginune00

I'm new to this whole forum thing but I guess I'll give it a try. Hello Everybody!!

Old 09-15-2005, 12:50 AM
wizbang360

hey hey hey, just got a 97 Dakota nice truck, and even nicer people here, got help with it already, way kewl. Not really new to forums am on the Jeeps unlimited forum with my 97 TJ, also had a 85 cherokee but that was a dog after 3 2.8's said byby to it. Live in Colorado, love to wheel and just chill.

Quick Reply: If Your A Newbie, Post And Introduce Yourself