New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Greetings from Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
weapon-x
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Greetings from Alberta

So i just bought my first dodge last october and i am loving it (Except for the fuel milage). I bought a Yellow 1999 Dakota R/T with a few mods already done to it and holy crap does this truck move its got a 4.56 rear-end swap, rebuilt transmission with shift kit, Pypes exhaust, helix power tower throttle body spacer, super chips programer, and a cold air intake. i love this truck it sounds mean as hell, plus i work for dodge so parts are cheap, i really want to get some headers and i have been doing some reading on a 5 or 6 speed manual trans swap. cosmeticaly the truck needs some love needs paint something feirce, a little rust repair here and there (gotta find a paint shop that wont break the bank), i used that 3M headlight restoration kit on the headlights and then wraped them in 3m clearsheild also did a H.I.D. swap on headlights and fogs(damn does that look good) if any one would like some H.i.D.s in edmonton area let me know as well...

Last edited by weapon-x; 04-20-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:48 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
What is the name of the dealership do you work for? And do you work as a writer,parts department or a service tech?

Old 04-21-2012, 02:45 AM
RamGirl76

Hey Everyone, I'm in Alberta too, I bought my first Dodge Truck a 2010 Ram Sport Crew a few weeks ago, had some problems and to silence me the dealership is buying back the truck, love it but don't trust it lotta issues, (anyone buying or looking to buy a Ram Sport Crew that goes on sale in Sherwood Park/Edmonton/Calgary in the next few days if you want the scoop please message me) but I went out to a Different dealership and bought a brand new 2011 Ram Laramie Crew today! Taking delivery tomorrow so EXCITED! Quick question my Sport had the Mopar Dvd headrests which I loved the new one has the overhead dvd which is fine but the one thing I don't like in the truck is the way the headrests are angled I find it very awkward and uncomfortable, I'm short so it feels like its pushing my head forward even when I try to raise it up. Anyone have suggestions on this?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
weapon-x

i work for southtown chrysler i was working at GOcustom as the (accesories/performance advisor) but they closed that mini-shop so now i am the loaner car/detail manager

Last edited by weapon-x; 04-23-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 AM
weapon-x

Originally Posted by RamGirl76
Quick question my Sport had the Mopar Dvd headrests which I loved the new one has the overhead dvd which is fine but the one thing I don't like in the truck is the way the headrests are angled I find it very awkward and uncomfortable, I'm short so it feels like its pushing my head forward even when I try to raise it up. Anyone have suggestions on this?
ya we noticed that they had a weird angle on the headrests while installing the katzkins leather seats, i would suggest pull out the headrest and turn it around try that out see what you think

Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You know a job is a job, You take what you can get.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 AM
RamGirl76

Well if you work at Southtown then I guess I should say do a good job on my truck! I'm dropping it off in the morning to have a few things done and the detailing done. I will try flipping the headrests, I loved the dvd headrests they were so comfortable!

Old 04-24-2012, 10:18 AM
weapon-x

Originally Posted by RamGirl76
Well if you work at Southtown then I guess I should say do a good job on my truck! I'm dropping it off in the morning to have a few things done and the detailing done. I will try flipping the headrests, I loved the dvd headrests they were so comfortable!
Let me know how they do i haven't moved into my position yet and will be taking over in a week or so.. if you need any 3m/tint/hids/leds or anything like that let me know i know the guys who installs the stuff and can get you a good deal on it. If that is something you would be interested in

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
weapon-x

Thats for sure master tech it sucks because im losing a opportunity to learn 3m/tinting and how to install hid's and lift kits, but on the flip side i am going to be a manager which makes alot more money and i have a pretty good reputation at my dealership and thats reason im being made a manager. But personaly i would rather learn how to do 3m/tint/hids/lifts/lowering kits because it actually is something i can put to use and I can say i know how to do that. being made a manager says they trust me and at 22 years old i will be the youngest manager in the company (i think) but all in all it is just a title...

Last edited by weapon-x; 04-24-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:59 PM
RamGirl76

Funny you should mention tinting, I just got a quote yesterday at another place for tinting, I am very interested in the window tinting. The HID's well I like them however in the 2010 I owned for 3 weeks had them and they were a huge headache, wiring issues, water in the headlights etc, so I will stick with the factory lights for now.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Alberta