New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

Hello From Albany!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
05HemiRam518
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello From Albany!

Hi Everyone. I'm Michael from Albany, New York.

I'm new to the boards here but not new to posting forums. I am a Moderator for a large VW related website. I work as the Business/Sales Manager for a graphics firm in Albany. I recently purchased my 2005 Hemi-Ram quad cab and love it! I haven't really done much with it yet other than Tint, Alum. Gas Filler Door, Tonneau, and Billet Antenna. I'm 28 now but out of HS I got 4 ASE Certifications in Auto Mechanics and built/ran a few drag/show cars. My fastest being a 1973 Chevy Z-28 that I pulled 10.20's with. Not too bad for a street car, eh?! I also owned and operated a garage for a year and a half. I have a 2005 Harley-Davidson that I have a good amount into and I ride with the BoozeFighters MC.

Anyhow, I am looking to put a Flowmaster exhaust system, power Chip, and Intake on my truck in the next month or so. I have done a bit of research but hope to get some suggestions on which are the best bang for the buck! Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Also, which aftermarket sites do you recomend? I know of the biggies (Jegs, Summit, etc.) but wondered which other good ones there were out there?

Here's My Truck:

I look forward to meeting everyone and say Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

See Ya on the boards!

Old 12-03-2005, 09:58 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Hello From Albany!

Welcome to DF!!! You got a nice ride there! You may want to check out some of our sponsors!

Dusty

Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Welcome to DF!! I had 2002 Jetta 1.8T for about a year and a half until a wall jumped out at me! I liked that little car, quick and responsive.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:48 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Which aftermarket sites do you reccomend?
Welcome to the site Michael. I think your truck has to be one of the best looking 1500's on here. The Hemi graphic on the back, and the color look great together. I would have gotten a hard bed cover in red though. There's a big list of vendors on the main page, some of the vendors offer discounts to members only. I don't know what site it is, but one of the vendors has this sweet engine cover for the Ram. Enjoy the forums =)

-Matt-

Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 AM
05HemiRam518

Thanks Everyone!

I actually made that Hemi Graphic at the shop I work for. I have seen many out there but wanted something simple and down to the point...so I think 'Hemi' kinda sums it up. It's funny because the pictures make it look crooked but it follows the body line and is straight on the truck! Kinda deceiving from the pics.

Cheers!

Old 12-04-2005, 03:42 AM
turbocurt

mike thats got to be one of the better looking hemi rams ive seen yet!! no offence to the other ram guys im just a sucker for red!! nice truck!!!

Old 12-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

Welcome to the site. Great looking Ram.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:30 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Michael;

Welcome to DF. That is one nice looking Ram. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

James

Old 12-05-2005, 04:23 PM
05HemiRam518

Thanks Again, Everyone!

I am very impressed with this site and the people that I have interacted with so far. I'm sure this will be a great resource for me. See Ya on the boards!

Old 12-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Disgorilla
Veteran

Welcome to Dodge Forum,

Quick Reply: Hello From Albany!