New Member Area New to DF? Stop in tell us about yourself and your ride. Please post technical questions in the tech sections.

future magnum buyer

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 04:27 AM
allen1013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default future magnum buyer

HI to everyone here @ DODGE FORUM. am new to the forum and in need of some help. am getting a magnum very soon don't know V6 or V8 from the looks of it, the way price of gas is here in New York i think it's goin to be the V6. anyway on with my question. am a first time car buyer, what should i look for when lookin into a pre-owned magnum with 18'000+ miles. anyone with some insite on what to look for. THANKS

Old 05-14-2006, 08:35 AM
thebigratt
Default future magnum buyer

I have an early 05' Magnum I purchased used and have a few problems with it. You may want to look for or avoid purchasing a vehicle with the same problems, as Chrysler is unable to repair to my satisfaction. The car pulls to the right and it has an intermittant rough idle. Even after several trips to the dealer for repair there is no difference when I pick the car up. I'm also scheduled to return it for the third time in 6 weeks because the airbag stays on. I have the 3.5 liter V-6 which has plenty of power & pretty good gas mileage. I average 18 mpg in mostly city driving, I'd probably do better if my foot wasn't so heavy. My car IS a LEMON and have just started the process of being compensated for it. Good luck on your purchase.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Default RE: future magnum buyer

Welcome to the site. Try talking to some of the members in the Magnum section. I"m sure they'll be able to help you out with any questions you have.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:28 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Welcome to Dodge Forum!! Keep us posted on your quest.....

Dusty

Old 05-17-2006, 07:49 AM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

Welcome!! The Magnum is a terrific car, I think you will love it.

TheBigRatt,
It sounds like the dealer you are taking your car to isn't doing their job properly. Is there another dealer close to you?

Old 05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
draftingmonkey
Captain

Elias,

Welcome to DF. This is the place to come for getting ideas, checking out other peoples rides, asking questions and sharing knowledge. Lots of good people here. Glad to have you aboard.

Other than some minor problems that were fixed at the dealer my Magnum R/T has run just fine (knock on wood).

James

Old 05-20-2006, 02:29 AM
thebigratt

QuickSilver05, correct the dealer is not doing their job properly and because of that Chrysler will be re-purchasing this vehicle from me. I'll check out the 07 Magnums & make sure they don't have these problems before I purchase

Old 05-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Sgt. Macks Ram

Well if your hesitating on the Magnum look at the Chargers I got a buddy that just bought one and his girlfriend can't get him out of it.

Quick Reply: future magnum buyer