Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

350Z vs Magnum R/T.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 05:04 PM
scg87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 350Z vs Magnum R/T.....

Yeah, I was thinking about trading in our Audi in on one a little while back. I drove an '06 300C SRT8, and it's a pretty impressive car. The chassis tuning and steering realy impressed me the most. And it'll definitely put you back in the seat. The fact that they are all auto, though, is kinda a turnoff. I'm starting to think about a 6sp Audi S4. Our A4's awd has really grown on me.

But yeah, as w/ any car, I'm sure as time goes by, there will be more and more aftermarket support and potential for the SRT cars. I def recommend going and driving one though.....

Old 10-15-2007, 07:00 AM
ant

Yeah I feel ya, my mom got a audio a6 (auto) and I love it. I always find my mom racing people...my mom! But that all stopped when she had a run in with a corba...I told her not to do it, but oh well...As far for auto, I love my auto...between the high stall and the custom shift kit...it is fun to drive. But sticks are always funnier! I've been thinking about doing a T-56 swap sometime in the near future...but I need another daily driver before I add my twin turbo to this car...so new car first then other mods...Wife tired to make me buy a GT500 this weekend but I refuse to drive a ford...ewwwwwwwwwww! I think I am gonna try to find a SRT-8 and test drive it. It seems no dealership want to have it!

Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM
scg87
Veteran

What engine does your mom's A6 have??? If it's the 4.2 V8, they're pretty decent. Mid-high 14's. If it's got the bi-turbo 2.7 V6, those things are nasty. Low 14's stock, and mid 13's w/ just a chip and exhaust. I agree w/ you on the GT500. I personally hate Ford, and I'm not a big Mustang either. But if I was, I still wouldn't buy the GT500. Those things are pigs. The 2003-04 SVT Cobras are a much better car. Good luck w/ your search.....

Old 12-24-2007, 10:23 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i ran a guy with a red 350z, i like the looks of them ALOT, and twin turboed can be a pritty nasty car...but either the guy could not drive or he had something wrong with it, stock six speedit was runnin about a half a second behind me at 14.6, best time i think he had was like a 14.4, but i got into the 13.s the same pass, 13.98 to be exact.......best time for me so far, but stock bottom end, should be in the 12s at the end of winter.... (crossing fingers)

Old 12-24-2007, 05:32 PM
scg87
Veteran

The guy had a bad driver mod, then. A good driver should be able to get any 6MT 350Z Coupe into the 13's. It doesn't take a pro driver to pull of 13.90's in them. The new '07's are much quicker than previous ones. They're low 13's from the factory. And forced-induction turns them into straight beasts. Sounds like a nice sleeper you have there......

Old 12-26-2007, 08:35 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

^^^ yeah, and hopefully by the end of winter i will be taking my parents vette out looks stock from the side, the front all u see is the intercooler......seventeens, and a roll cage, that can not be seen from the side, i am going to have my MS take control of my tach readings this year, and pull my big tach out...., all my gauges r located in airvents, so when i get the tach out, it will look stock when i pull up to someone at a light, or in the staging lanes

Quick Reply: 350Z vs Magnum R/T.....