Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

350Z vs Magnum R/T.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 PM
scg87
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350Z vs Magnum R/T.....

So Friday night I'm out cruising around and I see this younger guy ina black Magnum out. A while later, he ends up next tome in traffic, and see it's a Hemi R/T model, still has dealer tags on it. He must have beenhunting cause he got next to me and jumped at me a few times. There was too much traffic, so I didn't do anything. I followed him down Broadway, and we just happened to turn on the same road. So there we are, side-by-sidethe first two cars at the light, clear road in front of us.... I knew it was about to go down. I glance over, and he's just grinning, haha. I'm thinking to myself, "I hope this guy knows what he's getting himself into......" Anyways I'm at 3200-ish, light turns green, and we take off. He got a really good launch, and held w/ me until 30 and I started to pull. I shift into second at 40 and start to pull pretty good. Let out in third at 85 or so, and was ahead by about3 cars. I was going to talk to the guy, or at least give thumbs-up, but he just busted a U-ey and took off. Didn't see him againthe rest of the night. Oh well, I guess he didn't like losing to "rice"..........

Old 05-13-2007, 05:05 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: 350Z vs Magnum R/T.....

I don't think so. This will show what your Z will do. And this one is even has a lot of mods. [sm=bs.gif]

http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?...p;pageOffset=1

Old 05-13-2007, 09:45 PM
scg87
Veteran

Wow, considering you can't even see who wins.... Since when is a 350Z beating a Magnum BS??? Those things aren't even fast. I don't care what you think, you're prob one of the ones who thinks Dodge makes the best cars and trucks in the world, haha.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:30 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

now now...lets not resort to trash talking...DF is open to owners of all makes, so long as they dont resort to things like that...i have a few old dodges that would take a pretty good swipe at that Z car...however...

stock for stock, a well driven Z car, especially since all of them have gone to the 300hp setup, should beat any of the 5.7L hemi cars. while ive seen both running in the 13s, stock, the Z's seem to do it more often...but as the two are modified, from what ive seen the hemi car will stand a much better chance, unless the Z is heavily modded...but in stock form, the little six-speed car should take it.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes you can't quite see who wins but I know it was the Hemi. All I'm trying to say is that this kill is hard to beleve.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:30 PM
scg87
Veteran

How exactly is a 300hp,3,200 lb six speed sports beating a 345 hp, 4,000 lb pig hard to believe. Those things run mid 14's usually. You actually sound like the type of guy who would have done this upon losing, haha.

I guess I must have forgotten that anything w/ that vaunted "HEMI" badge is invincible, lol. Sorry......

Old 05-14-2007, 07:32 PM
scg87
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

now now...lets not resort to trash talking...DF is open to owners of all makes, so long as they dont resort to things like that...i have a few old dodges that would take a pretty good swipe at that Z car...however...

stock for stock, a well driven Z car, especially since all of them have gone to the 300hp setup, should beat any of the 5.7L hemi cars. while ive seen both running in the 13s, stock, the Z's seem to do it more often...but as the two are modified, from what ive seen the hemi car will stand a much better chance, unless the Z is heavily modded...but in stock form, the little six-speed car should take it.
And I have a friend w/ a 430rwhpGreddy twin-turbod 350Z that will probably take a pretty good swipe at those old Dodges, lol.Prob not the one in your sig, but......

Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

im still not doubting that a 300hp model Z would beat a 5.7L LX model, stock for stock...what is the FASTEST recorded bone stock hemi car? something liek 13.6-13.7? magazine times are often improved upon in the real world in at least SOME cases, and the quickest optioned Z cars are in the 13.7 range stock, per the big mags..

scg, have you had yours to a track? any mods? i know that nismo has some performance options for the Z right off the showroom floor, as it is a model that we have considered, but we need a little more room.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:51 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my friends mom has a 350z auto, not sure on year.. he takes it out sometimes for the hell of it, i also have a friend that has a stock GT 98 stang, we all lined up at a light late at night, and i pulled them all.. gt was about 2 cars behind and 350z was about 1 or so.. both stock cars cept for the exhuast on the stang, with the mods i have thats pretty good, with minor mods to either cars they would be able to hang with me, and useally i can hang with hemi's till 3rd then they start to pull. So i would say the 350 does have a chance. Ive also liked the 300zx damn nice cars with tt my manager has one and they run good. The 350z is also a nice car.. but i would still rather have a truck over a car.. a truck that can smoke cars 2x lighter then me

Old 05-15-2007, 11:33 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

auto Z = [:'(]

Quick Reply: 350Z vs Magnum R/T.....