Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

It's official: Dale Jr. joins Hendricks

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:41 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official: Dale Jr. joins Hendricks

So, now that Dale Jr. is joining up with Gordon and Johnson, this could be the best grouping of race car talent that NASCAR has ever seen.

When this was first announced, I suggested that he'd be teaming with Gordon by next season and caught a crap load of **** from guys at work. Most of them being "good ol boys" and "Gordon haters". Truth is, this is the best possible situation not only for Junior, but for Gordon as well.

The COT has been dominated by Hendricks cars.......not to mention they have had the best luck with the new Chevy motor. Something that Junior has absolutely struggled with. Junior will also get the quality teammates that he has lacked since his father died. These are guys in their prime with a ton of talent and experience. These guys are all about winning, and they prove it time and time again.

Lastly, Hendricks already helps out with Junior's Busch team, so down the road, he could help Junior in moving into his own team in Nextel. Look at how he helped Gordon with Johnson's team. If Junior cant succeed in the best owned team in Nextel, where can he?

While it may not make everyone happy, this truly is the best situation and possible outcome for Junior.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Default RE: It's official: Dale Jr. joins Hendricks

Damn, I was hoping he'd join Tony at Gibbs. There was talk of that as well......

Old 06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ya, I woulda rather seen him go with tony and hamlin. but I would go with the team thats dominating too.

so jr. is taking the 25 car and mears is taking the 5 car. I wanna know where kyle busch is gonna go now. if he would just slow down a bit and not crash all the time then he would be a contender too. I guess he was just costing them too much money to fix his car after every race

Old 06-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Midnight Runner
Champion

That is the best move for JR. I think. Go JR!!!!

Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Kyle is kinda the current Ricky Bobby.... I am not saying Jr's decision was not good, I think him and tony work alot better together than him and Jeff ever did though, but financially and team wise, hendricks does have an edge over gibbs

Old 06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So what happens to Bud? I know Hendrick's has a rule of no alcohol sponsors. Did he get a expemtion?

Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just watching the interview on speed and kyle busch might go over to DEI

and I dont think jr would be the same without bud as his sponsor.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[*]Dale Earnhardt Jr. to drive for Hendrick in 2008: announced via live on TV, Dale Earnhardt Jr., current driver of the #8 Budweiser Chevy for DEI, will drive for Hendrick Motorsports starting in 2008. Dale Jr. started the press conference with a short speach/explanation, then introduced his new team owner Rick Hendrick and unveiled the Hendrick Motorsports logo. One thing noticed...the biggest smile ever seen on Dale Jr.'s face.
Hendrick was asked about having a full stable of drivers, Hendrick immediately brought up Kyle Busch and working on a contract extension, that Busch was talking to other teams, Hendrick said conversations with Busch led both to realize it would be better for Busch to look at his other opportunities and part ways, but that Busch would run the #5 Chevy for the remainder of the season.
As for a car number and sponsor for Dale Earnhardt Jr., Hendrick said none of that has been finalized as of yet.
Dale Jr. said concerning Budweiser that sponsorship has not been talked about, before the press conference, SPEED reported that Budweiser is talking to other teams, including Kasey Kahne.
As for the #8, Dale Jr. mentioned he would like to keep the #8 and would talk to Teresa Earnhardt [owner of DEI #8] and that drew a large laugh from the media, but said he is looking for a number and car design that would look 'cool'.
Asked about crew members and current crew chief Tony Eury Jr., Dale Jr. said it would have to be discussed down the road.
Dale Jr. said all the other rumors to other teams [Gibbs/VISA, RCR] came out of thin air.
Hendrick said Kyle Busch would finish the season in the #5 Chevy and run for the championship
Hendrick said he would be open to swapping the #5 for the #8 if DEI is interested, but no discussions so far. But said the #24 and #48 are locked up and nodded his head when said the number Dale Jr would use was between the #5 and #25.
The deal is a five-year deal 2008-2112
The press conference ended at 12:05pm/et....let the speculation begin
(TV Coverage of the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Press Conference, transcript will be available later and posted)(6-13-2007)[*]Statement from Kyle Busch Regarding Departure from HMS: Kyle Busch, driver of the #5 Chevry in the Nextel Cup Series for Hendrick Motorsports and four-time Nextel Cup race winner, will depart Hendrick Motorsports at the conclusion of the 2007 season. The following is a statement from Busch regarding the decision to leave: "We had been working on a contract extension for me to remain at Hendrick Motorsports, but after prolonged negotiations, we mutually agreed that a fresh start was in order. I have been granted a release after the 2007 season. I have tremendous respect for Mr. Hendrick and everyone at Hendrick Motorsports. It's where I grew up, and I have a lot of great memories. I kind of feel like I'm graduating. I'm excited about my future, and I know a lot of opportunities await because of what everyone at Hendrick did for me - on the track and off. I still have a job to do this year, and will give it my all - just as I've always done - to make sure we put the #5 car in victory lane a few more times before the year is out."(True Speed Communication PR)
UPDATE 3: Hearing that Dale Earnhardt, Jr. will end up at Hendrick Motorsports, taking Kyle Busch's roster spot [which was announced]. As to what happens to Busch, he'll take Junior's place at Dale Earnhardt, Incorporated.(6-13-2007)

Old 06-13-2007, 08:06 PM
scatpackmopar
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

So what happens to Bud? I know Hendrick's has a rule of no alcohol sponsors. Did he get a expemtion?

It is just a rumor right now but like I posted earlier Budweiser may be searching and it has been said they like Kasey Kahne.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 PM
nascarnut
Professional

Gibbs is the one with a no alcohol sponser rule. Hendrick used to have Bud as a sponser back in the late 80'suntill 200 when they went to DEI for Jr.

Quick Reply: It's official: Dale Jr. joins Hendricks