Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

A really cool cop buddy, and a possible LOCAL RACE WARS TYPE OF THING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 05:30 AM
PITBULL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A really cool cop buddy, and a possible LOCAL RACE WARS TYPE OF THING!!!!

Last Night When we got off work we decided we were gonna race a few times down the strip, toward the parking lot. so me and one of my friends start out.........I'm just tearing the headlights out of his del sol when at the end of the strip when I see blue lights! the only thing that went through my mind was oh ****! He pulls me over. I'm setting there thinking I'm gettin' a HUGE ticket when a guy I went to high school with jerks open the door and says "Do you know how fast you were going *******? I froze until I realize it's him and he's smiling. "no sir...he heh eh I don't" and he says "115! , do you know what the speed limit is?" I say "no sir, still laughing in releif" It's 130! he said laughing. The rest of the night we raced and he sat at the end of the strip with his radar gun and clocked us to see who could get the fastest on a certain length of strip! It was great!! oh yeah! when I say "strip" I mean landing strip! I work at a private airport part time! hence all the racing after work!

We have been trying to get our boss to do a sort of RACE WARS and i think he has almost given in! He made out a "not reliable" paper and says we might do it in MAY! I will keep you guys posted on it and if all possible try to come in for a weekend of fun! all motels here are around 30-40 dollars a night so it will be pretty cheap! When we get this thing started I will make a online free ticket for all Dodge Forum members to get in! We have also talked to quite a few vendors, (16 to be exact) and they have all agreed to participate in this fun weekend with free parts drawings and below cost merchandise should be great!

Old 10-01-2004, 11:24 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: A really cool cop buddy, and a possible LOCAL RACE WARS TYPE OF THING!!!!

where is this now?

Old 10-01-2004, 05:44 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: A really cool cop buddy, and a possible LOCAL RACE WARS TYPE OF THING!!!!

shoulda raced the cop

Old 10-01-2004, 08:46 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Cop would have probably lost in a Crown Vic....that's why I'm putting a bug in the Chief's ear for a Magnum!!

Old 10-02-2004, 03:34 AM
PITBULL

will be in Abingdon VA at the tri cities airport!

Old 10-02-2004, 05:09 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

dusty wut would a 1/4 mile be for the cron vics u guys use

Old 10-03-2004, 12:15 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

They did a thing in sport compact car (last year in the fall sometime?) on how fast cop cars are and most of them aren't very. I can't imagine that a crown vic is that fast, even with all the extra work they probably do to the cars to beef them up.

Old 10-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion

Always best to know the cops....then you can have them hide somewhere and race the person next you that you don't even know from a green light and then watch them get pulled over. Fun to dream[8D]

Karen

Old 10-03-2004, 12:47 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Most of the beefing up is centered around the suspension, tires, cooling and electrical. I think we got ours with the "cages" (that separate the rear seat from the front) already installed as well.

I'm only guessing at the 1/4 mile time, but I would say low 16's....

Old 10-03-2004, 07:59 PM
uawnick
Professional

Keep updating the forum on that race wars.. I know of at least 15 people that would come to that in a heartbeat!

Quick Reply: A really cool cop buddy, and a possible LOCAL RACE WARS TYPE OF THING!!!!