Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Somber story

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 01:48 AM
elric62285
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somber story

A couple of weekends ago, I took my heavily modified "95 neon out for a drive, not lookin to race of course I found this psichotic Mustang GT Spining his wheels at every light. Me being the over confident a#@hole that I am, pulled up next to him and reved up. Before I blew my head gasket I ran a sleeper. No paint, no body kit, "just" a loud pipe. Converted to a magnum, 150 shot, T-78 with a four speed. Sounds freakish, right? That's why I bought it. I do freely admit that I could never have pulled of that setup myself, but 15K can get you alot. Any way, We took off at the top of third we hit 115 and this guy hits the curb. Stang flips twice, nearly takes me out and slides for about 80 ft. I freak when he goes air born, pop the e-break and cut a 180. Nastiest wreck I have ever seen. My girl called 911 but we took off when they got there. I feel horrible, I should've tried to help, I just freaked and ran. I found out he died in the hospital later that night. I still race but guys remeber, stay safe, I know that rush and it's not worth you life. If you have the real ponies get some racing harnesses and maybe even a roll cage. That guy died from a crushed chest your ticket could be up at any time. Keep it real, stay safe none of you are invincible.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:23 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Somber story

ehh..mustang owner...

Old 10-27-2004, 02:40 AM
elric62285
Professional

such is life, that poor car is toast. Seriously though she didn't deserve that. We all know he wasn't expecting to die that night, but that's life you win some you loose some, just try not to lose being stupid, beating me wasn't worth that.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:43 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my philosophy is that everytime you race, on the street or track, you take on the chance that should something go wrong, you may die. whether its racing, or very high speed driving...its a risk you run. i do feel bad when an innocent person is hurt/killed..but if the person in the accident is involved in the race..then its just fate weeding out the weak racers.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:12 AM
lonasindi
Veteran

that is a sad story, but BadStratRT is right, it was no more than his own fault.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:32 AM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At last no innocent bystanders were hurt.

I beleive the track is the safest place to race for all the obvious reasons. Whatever you can prove on the street, you can prove at the track. Except when the other person is too much of a wussy to show up at the track. Like he said, "Be safe."

Old 10-27-2004, 12:09 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Street racing is like Russian Roulette with the added option of taking others with you...keep it on the track like the pro's do.

Old 10-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Vader
Champion

Have the police contacted your girlfriend regarding what she saw ??

Old 10-27-2004, 04:36 PM
elric62285
Professional

when we went to the hospital to pat our respects there were two officers there. We gave them our statements but we did leave out the street racing part. They asked why we hadn't stuck around, so I told them we were racing. a lot of the lights on that road have cameras so they knew what we did, but they also knew he had been acting up all night. One of the cops knows my mom so he told her what happened and that I'm a racer. She was pretty upset, not so much that I was racing but that what happened to the 'stang could have happened to me.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:04 PM
ramfan5.9
Hall Of Fame

damn thats crazy

btw wuts u car run

Quick Reply: Somber story