Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Raced a Z06 Corvette today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Dartman69
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a Z06 Corvette today...

I was cruisin' around town today with my newly installed Borla exhaust and had a wicked lil' run in with some middle aged fellow and his yellow '04 Corvette Z06...

Both of us were stopped at a light on the local freeway...the Corvette driver turned his head and glared disgustedly at my friend and I in my lowly turbo neon...we both smiled back at him as I blipped the gas pedal...he returned my blip with a hardly audible blip of his own pedal...the light turned green and away we went...

The Corvette got a bit of a jump on me as he took full advantage of his traction control...by the time I was in second gear he was about a car length ahead of me. I let the throttle open wide and managed to hold him at bay all the way through second...as I hit third, the gap shortened drastically as we were once again side by side (I assume he must've made a bad shift).

Through fourth gear, the SRT-4 kept up well, but the 'vette began to slowly pull away about an inch at a time. By the time I hit fifth, the 'vette butt-end was parallel to my door post...I gave it all I got until I ran out of revs to climb. At that point the 'vette's bumper was running parallel to the snout of the car. The Z06 then shifted into it's sixth gear and began to clear away from me rapidly as my rev limiter held my Neon back...

We finally reached the next set of lights where we both came to a stop. My friend and I smiled politely at the driver of the Z06 as we both rolled our windows down...I yelled over to the driver "how much did ya pay for that thing?"...his reply: "WHAT IN THE FLYING FUC* DID YOU DO TO THAT NEON???"..."a new exhaust...air filter...and a blow off valve" I listed..."HOLY SHI%" he said as the light turned green and we drove off our seperate ways...

Old 11-08-2004, 11:22 PM
NeonOrngBlast
Professional
Default RE: Raced a Z06 Corvette today...

My brother in law has a 04 Viper my dream is to do the same run just fast enough to make him think he spent to much money on it

Old 11-08-2004, 11:37 PM
kick@$$SRT4nicNcat
Professional

GOOD JOB MAN!!!

Momma so proud...

[&:] ~ I Quit The Band, Now I Just Play With Myself ~ [&:]

[IMG]local://upfiles/8970/AE9DF7A4996F43ACB999A4D168C897E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-09-2004, 01:03 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Back when my baby was runnin' I ****ed with a few Vettes, never a Z06 though, Any vette other than the z06 is no problem at all... Mmmm Breakfast. I love it when you kick their *** in a "lowly neon". I love my neon bastids!

Want Some!? Come Get Some!!!!!

Its even better when they realize a chick whooped their ***....ha ha! Ahhhh i love that face the WTF? [>:] I got owned by a chick in a "Neon"? Hunn its an Srt-4....and thats BITCH to you.

Old 11-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

not bad man... that just proves that the driver matters most in a race. last time i was at the track there were 2 04' Z06's there. the first one ran a 14.8 then left (as i would if i did that ****ty in that car) and the other ran a low 12.

and you hit your rev limiter from a light to light race?.....

Old 11-09-2004, 05:11 AM
badsrt4
Professional

damn, that was awesome, i raced a regular corvette once, without my stage 2, and got smoked, this was from a rollin point, i say from about 60 to 120, i stoped cause i figured that it wasn't goin to get better. i did cought up to him to say wuzz up!! but he didn't even bother to turn around. no sweat though.....

Old 11-09-2004, 07:34 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

HAHA...thats awesome. Nice run with the corvette. I hate them by the way...lol.

And Sexy...I have a very good friend with a WRX which you remind me a lot of. She loves when people realize they just got spanked by a chick. I think its funny as hell personally.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Dartman69
Veteran

In response to Gump about the rev limiter question, the stretch of highway we were on was between my city and the next one horse town...lol

If there's one thing I love about living in Canada, it's the fact that we have so much wide-open road.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:56 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

ORIGINAL: NeonSXT04

HAHA...thats awesome. Nice run with the corvette. I hate them by the way...lol.

And Sexy...I have a very good friend with a WRX which you remind me a lot of. She loves when people realize they just got spanked by a chick. I think its funny as hell personally.
Its such a great feeling!! Most of them figure cause your a chick in a "neon" that you can't drive for ****, they're impressed that you drive your "boyfriends" stick shift, but then when you smoke them, they roll away grumbling. I've been rejected by every club here because I was a chick, bastards. They said I should be ON the car, not behind the wheel of it. And I don't know HOW many times I get the question "Is that your boyfriend's/Husband's car?" Ummm no, its mine....I mod it myself....you suck at life!

BadSrt4 - how did you get smoked by a regular corvette?? I ate them for lunch and dinner all the time. Then again from the factory my car was as fast as a car with Stage 1 for some unknown reason.....

Old 11-09-2004, 10:52 PM
TurboPowered
Veteran

Well fortunately my dad hasn't got his Porsche out yet..... and i havent raced him in his 350z either

Quick Reply: Raced a Z06 Corvette today...