Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Spirit R/T ranked 13th

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:31 PM
mopar2ya
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spirit R/T ranked 13th

I simply upgraded the exhisting components, the car is not lightened, every option on the car as it came from the factory, I didnt add anything that wasnt already there, like nitrous, etc. A/C blows cold still get 35 mpg and is perfectly docile on the street.

If you put a K&N filer in, some consider it not stock. Its still got stock rods, crank, pistons, tranny, all the accessories. Why do I get the impression your nit picking? I didnt claim its showroom stock, heck I didnt even say it was stock!

wallace

Old 01-10-2005, 11:48 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so what does it run? i dont care whats done to it..i want to know whats done..it could have a henmi for all i care...

there is an auto-turbo 4 door spirit at my home track that has always impressed me..and he IS stock...so im curious...

Old 01-11-2005, 12:27 AM
mopar2ya
Professional

11.68 at 121 is my best. The little slicks just cant handle any more.

Heres a link to some of my 2003 runs, I have to find someone to upload the 11 second runs from 04.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/wal...@sbcglobal.net

Old 01-11-2005, 05:01 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

My bad...I just got the impression you were calling it stock for some reason, which it obviously is not. Anyways, thats mighty impressive.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:20 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, now we've got problems.

You claim your best run ever was an 11.68 @ 121 MPH and you claim to be ranked 13th in Sport FWD on urbanracer.com and that is where we have a problem. Your name and the '91 Dodge are listed in 13th place, but it lists your time at 10.733 @ 142.25 MPH. So which is it? You also failed to mention that all of the info had to be submitted to that site and that there were only 45 entries total, there are only 45 entries in their Top 100 list. The #1 car on that list is a heavily modified CRX that's turbo intercooled, running high 9's and has a parachute, you can't get much farther than that from stock.[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i think that makes the mirada stock then....

all i changed was the displacement....[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 01-11-2005, 01:02 PM
mopar2ya
Professional

I need to go look, they were supposed to have corrected that, it got the info from a buddy off of turbododge.com. Ask them why they only list 45 in their top 100. They call it the top 100. Since they didnt correct the info, which was submitted to them by NHRA, Im 31st. I still feel just fine about it. If you are hinting at me being a liar than I suggest you get ready to have your confidance squashed and go to NHRAsportcompact.com and look at the results for the Maza sponsored event in Ennis, TX and look at what the NHRA has on their website under the eliminations.

Where do you get stock from? Everyone keeps throwing around the word stock. The class is Sport FWD, read the rules, for the class.

Thanks Neon, I always seems to make the V8 guys cringe when their cars are getting spanked by 4 cylinders. When I was at the track and ran a 12.08 pass, a guy in a 440 dart would line up with me, saying it wasnt fair that my car was much lighter. I asked him what his weighed, he replied 2950, I laughed and said Im 3200 w/o driver.

Lastly all the Sport FWD cars are street legal and have valid tags, parachute or not.

Old 01-11-2005, 01:23 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

while it is impressive, there is an evo is my home track running bolt ons only, running 11 teens. my 83 mirada, with tags and mufflers, weighing 3800 lbs runs mid 12s...

i dont think anyone is calling you a liar, its just that there is conflicting info...

we have alot of problems with people claiming to have cars that they dont...but i cant imagine someone claiming to own a spirit...

do you guys run HU pro tree?

Old 01-11-2005, 02:06 PM
mopar2ya
Professional

Ive run both in that class. This year Im running a Hot Rod class FWD car which is all pro-tree. The motors in the garage and the chassis in sitting in the driveway screaming for the motor. I want to run low to mid 9s with a manual tranny and factory computer. Then late next of the 06 season run standalone and auto tranns any get high 7s low 8s. Only time will tell, but I laugh to think of this Omni running 160 in the 1/4...[:-]

What are "bolt ons", No way with bolt on CAI, etc he has to be running a big shot of funny juice and a big turbo with 20+ psi. To go from a high 13 to low 11 is at least 200 h.p. gain.....

Old 01-11-2005, 02:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

bolt ons...injectors...BOV bigger IC...slicks...full exhaust...no internal work

Quick Reply: Spirit R/T ranked 13th