Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Dodge should just forget NASCAR...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:46 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dodge should just forget NASCAR...

The season is only three races old, but I feel like I'm still seeing the old 'Trep out there on the track.
Face it, the Charger just cant keep up with the Chevy.
If Dodge is serious about winning in NASCAR, why are they going backwards?
I know NASCAR's pro-Chevy bias has a lot to do with it, but I think we should have seen considerable improvement since 2001.
I think Dodge Motorsports needs to get off their asses and find a way to put those cars in the winners circle, if they need to cheat, then fine the Chevy teams cheat their asses off, with NASCARS blessings.
The Dodge teams cant believe Dodge is serious about winning, especialy since so many of them are said to be jumping to Toyota.
Dodge should probably just get out of the sport again if they're not gonna make the effort.[:@]

Old 03-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dodge should just forget NASCAR...

It's not cars. It's the drivers, which are: Jeff Green, Kasey Kahne, Travis Kvapil, Kevin Lepage, Sterling Marlin, Jeremy Mayfield, Jamie McMurray, Casey Mears, Ryan Newman, Kyle Petty, Greg Sacks, Ken Schrader, Morgan Shepard, Jimmy Spencer, Rusty Wallace, Scott Wimmer.

Ryan Newman is up and coming. He is only in his 4th season. He got rookie of the year his first year. 11 career victories, 27 career Bud Poles, 2004: 9 Bud Poles, 2 wins, 2004: Finished seventh in points, 2003: Won at Texas, Dover (twice), Chicago, Pocono, Kansas, Richmond and Michigan. 2003: Finished sixth in the standings, 2002: Rookie of the year, 1999: USAC Silver Bullet champion, 1996: USAC Silver Crown rookie of the year.

Ryan Newman, Sterling Marlin, Jeremy Mayfield, Kyle Petty, Rusty Wallace and Casey Mears are our good drivers. We just lack driver skill. There is nothing wrong with our cars.[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 03-14-2005, 07:34 PM
88RamVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some of it has to do with the design of the nose of the car.Take yesterdays race.Get one little peice of trash on there and your overheating.I think if it was a little flatter it would work a little better.I like all the cars that race it really isn't the car that wins the race it is the driver.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:49 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

I personally liked the new design. I think it might ad more aero-dynamics. Remeber.... our cars were the same as Chevy and Ford last year and the years before. It's NOT the cars at all. We lack drivers.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Rick980
Rookie

You're drivin a neon............you can't comment on racing. LOL. Kasey Kahne will be up there with the best of them just wait and see.....

Old 03-15-2005, 08:40 PM
AirWolf

you should be talkin you drive a durango only good for off roading neons are great for drag racing and street racing the new chargers are awesome lookin but my favorites are jeff gordan and tony stewart and not because they drive chevys its I like the way they race and jeffs the best now .

Old 03-15-2005, 10:02 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with most of what you said. The car doesn't even look like what they are selling, and the engine doesn't resemble anything that's been in production for the public. With the impending rule changes to have all cars meet a common template is just taking the manufacturer out of it totally. Before too long it'll be like the IRL where people just can't identify with the cars.

NASCAR
National Association of Southern Communist Auto Racing.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:31 PM
RcBandit28
Captain

There is nothing stock about a stock car. The Charger is the closest to the production model as any other model. Is the Monte Carlo available in Rear wheel drive and a V8? NO! The Taurus? NO! The Charger? YES!

Give the Dodge teams more than 4 races to get this new Charger figured out.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper

ORIGINAL: Rick980

You're drivin a neon............you can't comment on racing. LOL. Kasey Kahne will be up there with the best of them just wait and see.....
Hey newbie! It doesn't matter what you drive. People drive what they can afford, or what is practical for them. You drive a fricken Durango. An SUV, so if it were true that you coudn't comment on racing because of what you drive, then you would definately not be able to comment.

ORIGINAL: RCBandit

Give the Dodge teams more than 4 races to get this new Charger figured out
It's not the CARS! In NASCAR, Chevy and Ford are the popular ones. It's only obvious why there are better drivers for those cars and not Dodge.

ORIGINAL: mopartodd

The car doesn't even look like what they are selling, and the engine doesn't resemble anything that's been in production for the public.
Do the Taurus or the Monte Carlo resemble their production cars? No. The companies choose their "best car" or "best name" or what will resemble a race car. The NASCAR cars are built for better aerodynamics and they are built for what they do. They are not suppose to resemble their production cousins.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Burn Mag

Chevies WERE cheating in Vegas and they got caught. I don't think the Charger is any less effective than the Taurus or Monte Carlo. Heck Newman had the pole in Vegas and was able to lead a lot of laps. The Dodge boys will come around, it'll just take a bit before they get the handle on the Charger.

Quick Reply: Dodge should just forget NASCAR...