Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Took the Mirada and Demon to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Took the Mirada and Demon to the track.

this past weekend was a big mopar event at summit raceway park, so we took the white mirada and the demon to the track.

the mirada ran a previous best of 12.40 something, but i broke that engine at the buckeye brawl... this was the second time out with the new engine, using a new bottom end and the same top end. we were playing with the new engine a bit, and got the car down to a 12.54...which i was pretty happy with for now. Its almost getting that front tire off the ground, and the short time is still about a tenth off.

the demon ran 13.51 last year, but that was with a different cam. we had some issues with that cam and swapped to a cam one step cooler...and it made a big difference with how the car sounds and feels. going into it, i was hoping for the car to break into the 13s. amanda was doing all of the driving, and i was surprised when the demon went out for the second run (the first run was bad...ran into some minor issues) and ran a 13.90. on her next run, she went out and ran a 13.58. her third run of the night was in a bracket race. we dialed her to a 13.58 and during pairing, she got stuck running against a guy with the same sponsor as us, except he dialed an 8.88 with his 68 hemi charger. this was amandas third run in the car, and probably her 10th track pass ever. the rest were in her ram, or my stratus...

i cant describe it any better than this video can:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwTkR8aLDEo

its a pretty good video...make sure that you have some sound up, so that you can hear the track announcer. amanda killed the guy on the tree...an .057 to his .100+...he ran a 9.79 on his dial with some launch issues.

that 13.56 was her best time of the weekend, and it was 5mph slower than her second best of 13.58...so it would have been a great run, but she let off just past the 1000' mark, hoping to not break out. She was well on pace for a 13.4X run...

this exact combo (with a 3.23 gear) on the demon also got me around 20mpg driving from columbus to detroit...i plan to get the fg bumpers on before the matchup with the C4...im thinking that will knock off another 100lbs or so, and i believe that the demon can get around 500 more launch rpm...she was launching around 2500, and i think that it could get up around 3000, but this was her first time playing with a higher stall. i plan to get her more seat time this year, as shes 100lbs lighter than me and might be able to squeeze out some better times...but for only making a handful of runs in the car, she did a great job.

here are some pictures of the demon:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=90bc55b12f

Old 09-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet! looks like a blast! I love going to the track!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:01 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

me doing my car owner/crew chief thing...rockin my jack roush hat...

Attached Thumbnails Took the Mirada and Demon to the track.-checking-pressure.jpg  
Old 09-21-2009, 06:02 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Always a fun time, even if you do lose.

Need to put some light weight 3.5" wheels on the front. That will pick it up a bit too.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:15 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i looked around the swap meet area for some draglite fronts to match the new rears, but i only found pro stars...those cragars are VERY heavy.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

tickets for which lions game? im going to the lions-steelers game on the 11th...im on the steelers side of the field...row 1...

Quick Reply: Took the Mirada and Demon to the track.